Proraso Sandalwood Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Vulfix Medium Synthetic Brush
Windrose Slant /Windrose Handle with a Feather Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Proraso Sandalwood AS
Molecule 01 ISO E Super EDP

Three careful passes for a great BBS shave. This razor is aggressive!!

NU6Pjeg.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

SOTD: 31st October 2017.
C3 Halloween shave..jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Sandalwood .

Blade: Astra ~ Superior Stainless . (1)

Razor: Muhle R41 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Proraso ~ Sandalwood A/S .

Nivea Men~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Halloween SOTD....

It's been a while since i last used the Astra Super Stainless blade, i had all intentions of using the Astra SP, but noticed the Super Stainless so i thought i'd give them a run out instead, and so glad i did it paired together very nicely with My R41.

The Proraso Sandalwood soap & A/S duo made the shave a pleasurable one.

A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

I'm now set up for the day offerings,& most importantly for this evening when Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, werewolfs, mother-in-laws, zombies, vampires, frankensteins, mummys, beatlejuices, Batmans,Jokers, freddy kruegers,Chuckys,Jason Voorhees will be knocking on the door.
i've got a boat load of goodies waiting for them all ...We're all big kids at heart arn't we, ..even if some of use won't admit it.

To think when i was kid we had a carved out turnip with a candle in it of which we all thought was very scary & cool..Great days.

Enjoy your halloween & have a spooky one, ladies & gentlemen.

PS: Do keep yours pets safe from harm, away from horrible callous illegitimates.

Last edited:
Bay day;
A33E027F-B2CC-4C57-8B84-4E9DB695E1F0.jpg

Gunmetal 6C (#5) // 7 O'Clock Yellow (#2) // Imperial Rum // BC Synth // M.T. Natural Bay Rum

Kickstarted the day with a lovely lather from P&B's Imperial Rum, having been reunited with it recently. I think a heftier loading will be on the cards next time as the lather was a little on the thin side, though that meant plenty of blade feel as I prefer! #5 plate with a 7 O'Clock Yellow on its second outing were the order for today, giving a silky smooth 2 passes with a couple of very minor pickups. Smooth in all places, DFS on the neck and BBS on cheeks. Following with a splash of Meißner Tremonia Natural Bay Rum a/s gave me no burn on initial application but a bit of a tingly burn about 30 seconds later - I get the same from Osage Rub so I'm pinning it on the Eucalyptus. Either way, no irritation of any ilk.

He did the mash, he did the monster mash!

Greetings

Tuesday 31st October 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: 7'O Clock 'New'
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: Pal Zileri Cuoio

The end of open comb October and 30 OC shaves (I forgot on day one and used an injector) some very nice shaves, the only remarkable one was with my Fasan slant and that was remarkable only for it's difficulty!

Colder weather here we come....I really dislike winter!

Regards
Dick.

31.10.17.JPG

Last edited:
uHriLR6y_o.jpeg

Razorock 400
Merkur 34C HD
Bolzano(1)
Vitos Red
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Old Spice Whitewater

The last time I used a Bolzano it was terrible, I was hesitant to use another but I must say it impressed me. A trouble free, clean and smooth shave. I have another 2 or 3 so I can try those before judgement is cast one way or other. The Vitos is superb, can't beat a good bit of tallow on a cold morning.

The Month in Review:

This month was a series of comparison pairings with Open Comb razors that was broken into two parts. In the first Phase five Gillette OCs were paired with five newer OCs. Surprisingly, the newer razors actually came out on top in three of the five pairings.

medium800.jpg

The first phase:

• RazoRock Old Type vs a 1918 made Gillette Old Style and the RR was significantly more comfortable and more efficient.
  • Merkur 1904 vs Gillette No Date Code No Serial number Old Style and they were really close but the Gillette just slightly better.
  • Merkur 25C vs Gillette New LC; this pair were so close it was just the Gillette still showing original gold plating that made it the winner.
  • Fatip Grande vs Gillette New SC and the Fatip Grande was significantly more comfortable with the same shave result.
  • Finally an ATT S2 vs a Gillette Sheraton where surprisingly the S2 was more efficient than the Sheraton.

The second phase:

In the second phase the best from the first phase were pitted against five different OC razors as well as different blade formats and three additional OC razors added at the end.

medium800.jpg

• The RazoRock Old Type against a different 1918 made Gillette Old Style and again, the RR rocked.
  • The No date code Gillette Old Type vs a GEM MMOC; close but the Gillette was more comfortable.
  • The Gillette LC vs a Durham Duplex and surprisingly the Durham Duplex was much more comfortable and as efficient.
  • The Fatip Grande vs a Valet AutoStrop VC1 with a despined GEM blade; close again but the Fatip slightly better.
  • This is actually a trilogy with an ATT S2 vs ATTSE2 with a Feather AC blade & a R2 with the same blade that was in the S2; of the three the S2 was by far the most comfortable.
  • The final two were a Fatip Piccolo and one of my Rolls Razors and again those were pretty close.
So that was OCtober 2017.

Shave of the Day, Tuesday 31 October 2017.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE v2.0 (Plate **).
Blade - Personna injector (PTFE coated) (Day 5).
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very nice shave today, the Supply-SE v2.0 is performing well and it is also a joy to use. A 3 pass shave, BBS finish with no issues.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else is using the Supply v2.0 and how you are getting on.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom