S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

Evening Shave.

BBA Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
MWF.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic (face lather).
Gem Micromatic Flying Wing.
Gem (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
Old Spice Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

Kevin (aka @Boru62) loves his vintage SE razors and he very kindly offered to lend me a couple to try. So my first go with a Flying Wing and it was a joy. Very intuitive to use, smooth, and efficient. I found it very similar to my Ever Ready 1912 in terms of aggressiveness, which is to say, on the milder side of medium. Whenever using a vintage razor I find myself thinking about who might have used it in the past. It's a fascinating hobby we have chaps, don't you think?

Evening Shave.

MWF.
Gem (1)
Old Spice Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

Kevin (aka @Boru62) loves his vintage SE razors and he very kindly offered to lend me a couple to try. So my first go with a Flying Wing and it was a joy. Very intuitive to use, smooth, and efficient. I found it very similar to my Ever Ready 1912 in terms of aggressiveness, which is to say, on the milder side of medium. Whenever using a vintage razor I find myself thinking about who might have used it in the past. It's a fascinating hobby we have chaps, don't you think?
Glad you like it Barry. They do make you think, don't they?

0727ad807d1f119d561f1f26682d1979.jpg

Gartbnx....

Shave:

Edwin Jagger DE89
Treet Black
Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
Palmolive Shave Stick

Alum
Fine Snakebite

Bad shave today, knicked a spot. Blood everywhere, thank goodness for the Alum. Made light work of stopping it.

Fine snakebite is performing fantastic. No irritation from it, I'll have to pick up another bottle of Fine. Seems to be much better for my skin than RazoRock. Palmolive stick worked fine as always.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Evening Shave.

MWF.
Gem (1)
Old Spice Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

Absolutely!

Love a bit of JT :) P.

Lucky for me I am old, since I got to see the band in the 70s. Those 'vintage' shows were pretty damn good both musically and entertainment wise. Concerts from the mid 70s in NY are a kick to watch. Ian Anderson as the front man was an amazing individual for sure.

Not so luckily I also saw them in the 90s and it was not good. Mr Anderson maybe had an off night but he never apologized if that was the case. Kind of a disinterested demeanor during the show and jeeez, his voice was startling. Not a lot left there it was sad to see. My wife and I bailed before the end.

Heh, now when they tour I believe there is a IA 'protege' who 'assists' Mr Anderson. Yep, you betcha.

Martin

Good Evening Gents
20171030_213207-jpg.19790

Razor: Colonial Stainless Steel General
Razor blade: Kai Protouch MG
Bruzh: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

The following day after my last shave with the General and the Proline blade my face felt rough.
I decided to go back to the Kai Protouch MG. I started off using the original handle but decided to swap it with the Stork titanium handle @Acer89 had kindly loaned me. The Stork titanium handle is 14 grams lighter and I much prefer the weight and balance of the razor with this handle.

The Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica and the Simpsons Manchurian Captain worked in perfect harmony for a very good shave.

I'll leave you with this belter...

Lucky for me I am old, since I got to see the band in the 70s. Those 'vintage' shows were pretty damn good both musically and entertainment wise. Concerts from the mid 70s in NY are a kick to watch. Ian Anderson as the front man was an amazing individual for sure.

Not so luckily I also saw them in the 90s and it was not good. Mr Anderson maybe had an off night but he never apologized if that was the case. Kind of a disinterested demeanor during the show and jeeez, his voice was startling. Not a lot left there it was sad to see. My wife and I bailed before the end.

Heh, now when they tour I believe there is a IA 'protege' who 'assists' Mr Anderson. Yep, you betcha.

Martin
Have never been lucky enough to see any live proformance by them but I bet back in the 70s was the best time to see them, as thick as a brick got me interested at first and the rest as they say is history! :) P.

Good Evening Gents
20171030_213207-jpg.19790

Razor: Colonial Stainless Steel General
Razor blade: Kai Protouch MG
Bruzh: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

The following day after my last shave with the General and the Proline blade my face felt rough.
I decided to go back to the Kai Protouch MG. I started off using the original handle but decided to swap it with the Stork titanium handle @Acer89 had kindly loaned me. The Stork titanium handle is 14 grams lighter and I much prefer the weight and balance of the razor with this handle.

The Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica and the Simpsons Manchurian Captain worked in perfect harmony for a very good shave.

I'll leave you with this belter...

And what a belter! Top stuff. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom