S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th July 2016 to Friday 5th August 2016

Those Astra SP's ,Gillette Silver Blues and Voskhod are wonderful blades..all that is required in my opinion , for a fantastic smooth shave, as you well know they probably give wonderful results in most DE razors..sometimes i have to say the more cheaper blade option, is just as good ,if even better in some cases than the so called best blades on the market..thanks yet again for the informative insight and review on your Hone 15. regards.;)

Yes. astra sp, Gillette silver blues, Gillette 7 o clock yellows, Voskhods all very good blades and work in most DE razors, funny thing about feathers is I only really like them in my ASD2, it seems they were made for each other. The Feather worked in the Hone 15 but only felt really smooth after the first shave. I suppose I could palm strop before the first use or run the edge through a Cork or just use the other blades I've mentioned!
I have 500 Astra SP's to get through anyway so will be using them for a while!
I'm pleased you liked my week long review as part of my shave of the day, I haven't used one razor for that length of time before I usually change my razor every day but I really enjoyed the experience and as I said it was a joy to use such a good razor and get predictable shaves day after day.
Thankyou for your comments.

SOTD - August 2
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Brush: HJM Pure Bristle
Soap: TOBS Avocado Shaving Cream

4th shave with the ATT SE1. This razor will remove 2 days growth with ease. 2 passes and touch up for BBS result. Only 1 weeper because of a pimple on my chin.

SOTD 33.JPG

20160802_195620.jpg
After time with soaps (The Fat, Saponificio Verasino) and croaps (Proraso Green, Cella), I thought I'd go back to one of the creams:

Pre: hot face wash w/Bulldog; Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (#3)
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair EDT

I'd been forgetting just how good TOBS is. One small snurdle and I was producing more lather than Stephen King's Cujo at last orders. My cup did indeed overfloweth; and the hardware glided through the resulting lather beautifully. Slight nostalgia: the razor and cream were my first purchases during my foray into real shaving.

Hope you're all well, folks

SOTD 2nd August 2016:

Razor- ATT S2 with Jurgen Hempel
Blade- Gillette/Wilkinson Sword
Cream- Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Brush- Paladin Falstaff
EDT- Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

7d44862ab660abf3efa9d899beb61ad1.jpg

SOTD - August 2
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Brush: HJM Pure Bristle
Soap: TOBS Avocado Shaving Cream

4th shave with the ATT SE1. This razor will remove 2 days growth with ease. 2 passes and touch up for BBS result. Only 1 weeper because of a pimple on my chin.

View attachment 20010
Great looking razor, looks so much better than a mongoose, oops, opened up a can of worms there!

View attachment 20011
After time with soaps (The Fat, Saponificio Verasino) and croaps (Proraso Green, Cella), I thought I'd go back to one of the creams:

Pre: hot face wash w/Bulldog; Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (#3)
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Lothair EDT

I'd been forgetting just how good TOBS is. One small snurdle and I was producing more lather than Stephen King's Cujo at last orders. My cup did indeed overfloweth; and the hardware glided through the resulting lather beautifully. Slight nostalgia: the razor and cream were my first purchases during my foray into real shaving.

Hope you're all well, folks

One small snurdle......so how big is that then?

Back
Top Bottom