Morris & Forndran
L&L
Penhaligon's AS

31722071280_985f9faf70_c.jpg

Wednesday 4th Jan.

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - 1968 Gillette Aluminium Tech (England)
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Thayer's and Proraso Sandalwood a/s

I'm sure I'm not alone when I argue that anyone dipping their toe into DE shaving could do a lot worse than getting hold of a vintage Tech. Marry it up with an efficient blade, and you're set.

The Proraso soap lathers up a treat and, combined with the splash, gives a good post-shave feel.
20170104_120059.jpg

Wednesday 4th Jan.

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - 1968 Gillette Aluminium Tech (England)
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Thayer's and Proraso Sandalwood a/s

I'm sure I'm not alone when I argue that anyone dipping their toe into DE shaving could do a lot worse than getting hold of a vintage Tech. Marry it up with an efficient blade, and you're set.

The Proraso soap lathers up a treat and, combined with the splash, gives a good post-shave feel.
View attachment 22969
+ 1 on the Proraso Sandalwood duo..As i only started DE shaving in April 2016,this set up is a wonder..i find the Gillette Aluminium Tech (England) a wonderful little razor which i would be quite happy to have has a desert island set up, on a equal par with my Tabac soap & aftershave..superb set up mate, what more could a DE shaver ask for..sublime.Regards.

+ 1 on the Proraso Sandalwood duo..As i only started DE shaving in April 2016,this set up is a wonder..i find the Gillette Aluminium Tech (England) a wonderful little razor which i would be quite happy to have has a desert island set up, on a equal par with my Tabac soap & aftershave..superb set up mate, what more could a DE shaver ask for..sublime.Regards.
Couldn't agree more...with you on the Tabac too :)

Wed 4th Jan

Omega 10026 boar
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
General SE
Kai mild pink( 6 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

Am finding that to get a really close all round finish with this Razor/Blade combo , I need to concentrate on those extra polishing passes. I actually enjoyed yesterday's shave with a Schick N3 a bit more , and there was no significant difference in the quality of the finished shave.
2cb46a80812357f51b5bc7beae5d87a9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first SOTD for the 2017...belated best wishes to all...may the best of your past be the worst of your future!:):)

I've been using my new Cadman Custom brush, 'The Greybeard', since I got it just before Christmas and it has increasingly impressed me. The TGN Finest knot is excellent; it loads up really well with hard soaps or croaps and takes little effort to lather, while allowing me to paint the soap where I want it. It might seem unwieldy (yup it's very big) but it very quickly becomes comfortable to use. I can bowl-lather as much as I want and the soap never touches my hand (I always did hate too much aerated lather flying all over the place!).

The shave:
Pre:
Warm water Glyce soap wash / Proraso Green pre-shave (in the Japanese pot)
Shave: Proraso Green soap (now in my art-deco pot, after dumping the GFT Limes cream that was in it) / EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet blade
Post: Wright's coal tar wash / Cold rinse / Thayer's aloe vera witch hazel / La Toja splash / Proraso Green Balm

A really nice comfortable shave with one of my favourite set-ups;):)
shave.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wednesday 4 January 2017

SOTD-04012016.jpg

Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

New year, new trip. This time I brought with me a special Mastro Livi razor: a Stripes CarboInox blade with poplar scales having an Italian flag insert made of jade, fossil mammoth ivory and coral. A superb straight razor, a breathtaking beauty, a stellar shaver! Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox is incredibly beautiful with its alternation of stripes in stainless steel and carbon steel combined together thanks to Mastro Livi's majestic craftsmanship skill. As for the quality of shave, it has been super smooth giving a close shave thanks to the legendary Mastro Livi's honing skill. An incredible straight razor combining beauty and technique for a masterpiece of unparalleled beauty. By the way: this time I also brought with me the exclusive Mastro Livi shave towel, very handy when you travel.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Professional 48
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Blue

Wednesday 4th
Zenith 507 TS Synthetic
OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Rocnel MD SE-P
½ Voskhod #3
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
Cus6pJK.jpg

Continuing with the Rocnel. This shave told me that the ½ Voskhod will not go over 3 shaves. The OSP Rosemary & Peppermint scent is really nice and lasts all through the 3 pass. The brush continues to impress.

Hope your shaves go well!

Wednesday 4th
Zenith 507 TS Synthetic
OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Rocnel MD SE-P
½ Voskhod #3
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
Cus6pJK.jpg

Continuing with the Rocnel. This shave told me that the ½ Voskhod will not go over 3 shaves. The OSP Rosemary & Peppermint scent is really nice and lasts all through the 3 pass. The brush continues to impress.

Hope your shaves go well!
+ 1 on the Alcolado Glacial..that'll get the old face sensors kicking!:confused:...wonderful stuff!

Wednesday AM 2017-01-04

élan bowl, with electric mug warmer
Rooney 3/3 Finest (26mm/60mm)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage) + Hermès Terre d'Hermès shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Copper Rolling Hexagon
Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice aftershave sample

The combination of the soap and cream is excellent. And the B&M Spice aftershave is similar to Old Spice but with more cinnamon and less vanilla.
7ivda0B.jpg

DSC_0476_zps0wanu0jb.jpg

DSC_0478_zpsqbf9ftcu.jpg

One Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Pradat Brun Theirs 6/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Lovely One Pass Shave this Morning with My French Pradat Brun Theirs FrameBack 6/8th..The 1st Pass with a Couple of Touch Ups Was So Close that I Decided to Walk Away at that..This is One Super Comfortable SR..I Love this Razor..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom