S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st December 2016 to Friday 6th January 2017

SOTD: 3rd January 2017.
C.Tues shave.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Muhle R41.

Blade: Personna (yellow) .(new)

Brush: Omega S brush S10065 .

Soap: Blue's Goat milk+ 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Floid Mentholado Suave Aftershave.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

A wonderful effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..My R41 is now becoming my favourite go to razor, it just goes to show, when i first got it i had such a horrible experience with irritation, but after learning my shaving technique, and training my brain to add no pressure, i now get no irritation sublime shaves..even though i still treat it with respect.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday 3rd

Soap - Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Schick E3 SE
Blade - Personna Injector #3
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s

I was in two minds whether to shave today, after the "Streamline" had been so efficient yesterday. But, you know, when the urge takes over...

Anyway, lovely experience between razor, blade and soap. The Cashmere really is a smashing soap for a non-tallow. Definetely a keeper; and the the Schicks never fail to impress.

Be safe and well folks.

Stephen.
20170103_124731.jpg

Last edited:
Tues 3rd Jan

Vulfix 404 mixed
La Toja cream
Schick N3
Schick Twin ( 2-Japan )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S lotion

My second Shave this Razor and already my favourite Schick, E upwards.If you have time, this Razor deliver a very smooth and close all round shave
Would love to try it with an NOS blade, but have had no luck finding them.

7037c7d6418f64023df9dcef034d629f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DSC_0515_zpsxmxgpovd.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen 5/8th Full Hollow (Freshly Honed)
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Cracking Shave Today with My Newly Acquired Freshly Honed Stainless Steel Herder Solingen 5/8th..It Took a Belter of an Edge on the Hone..I Love Vintage Stainless SRs..This is My 4th Vintage Stainless SR in My Collection & My 2nd Stainless Herder..:)

I Find them Easy to Hone & Exceptionally Comfortable on the Face..Anybody that Struggles to Hone these its their Honing Skills & Nothing to Do with Stainless Blades..They are Unmistakable on the Hone & Strop..Just a Different Feel is All..Its a Shame they Didn't Make More Stainless Vintage SRs..They are the Dogs Danglies..This is a Keeper for Sure..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

15624343_236585886753835_4000101135246426112_n.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Badger
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: Stirling Soaps Autumn Glory
A/S: Stirling Soaps Autumn Glory balm and Marks and Spencer Collezione Classic

A soap I received off Santa, may be the wrong season for it but I am very impressed with it, scent and performance. Can't explain the scent except that I can't stop sniffing it. Having never tried M&S and their aftershaves, must say very impressed with this one. Lovely scent to it.

Tuesday 3rd January 2017

SOTD 3rd Jan.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash (present from my Daughter) and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Merkur (#1)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: none today

A mediocre shave today, my last shave was on the 1st Jan with the Razorock Hawk/Feather Pro Guard/Tabac, which was a fantastic shave. Today I used a Merkur blade for the first time, I am not that impressed, the results were a bit uneven, that said it was very smooth and despite the fact I had to go over some areas multiple times there was no irritation, just a lack of any decent cutting performance. I will try the Merkur blade in the X3 and the Fatip Piccolo, maybe the Merkur blade, the Ikon 101 and my face are just not a good combination.

These Merkur blades are not cheap so I am pleased that they came with the Merkur 45C I recently acquired, I will also try the blades in the 45C as well when I get around to it.

Tuesday 3rd January 2017

View attachment 22961

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash (present from my Daughter) and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Merkur (#1)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: none today

A mediocre shave today, my last shave was on the 1st Jan with the Razorock Hawk/Feather Pro Guard/Tabac, which was a fantastic shave. Today I used a Merkur blade for the first time, I am not that impressed, the results were a bit uneven, that said it was very smooth and despite the fact I had to go over some areas multiple times there was no irritation, just a lack of any decent cutting performance. I will try the Merkur blade in the X3 and the Fatip Piccolo, maybe the Merkur blade, the Ikon 101 and my face are just not a good combination.

These Merkur blades are not cheap so I am pleased that they came with the Merkur 45C I recently acquired, I will also try the blades in the 45C as well when I get around to it.

I don't like the Merkur blades, got a pack along with my first DE razor the 34c and they almost put me off DE shaving from the get go.

Back
Top Bottom