S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th April to Friday 10th April 2015

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - GEM Personna SS (#1)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko
After - Freezer Towel / Alum
Result - BBS

I still get blown away at the results with the 1912. I can't imagine ever getting a cleaner, smoother, more comfortable shave.

rowlers said:
How you finding the PAL?

It's probably the easiest shaver I have in rotation. The Chinese Schick you sent to me (the only blade I've tried in it) can pull a BBS out of nowhere and with zero effort. I hope the blades from connaught will be as efficient.
It almost feels like cheating. This razor is mild on the skin, leaves the results of an aggressive in the whisker department and carries all the dangers associated with rubbing a rounded sponge on your face.
I'm struggling to find fault with it. The ikon DE I have in rotation requires effort for the same result, along with my injector straights. The reward with those is greater. I don't know why that would be.

Scuba Steve said:
The Nanny's Eucalyptus and Tea Tree was the hard soap version.
The fragrance is lovely.
I am a relative newbie and I think that I have not quite the hang of lathering this particular soap yet. Any tips would gratefully received.
I did not think I got a great deal of cushion and this soap and may be a factor in the feedback that I got from the alum block today.
It certainly does not give as much cushion as Nanny's Signature which is awesome.
Hope this helps.
Best Regards
Steve
Sounds good, you'll get the lather nailed I'm sure ;)

cheesepiece said:
rowlers said:
How you finding the PAL?

It's probably the easiest shaver I have in rotation. The Chinese Schick you sent to me (the only blade I've tried in it) can pull a BBS out of nowhere and with zero effort. I hope the blades from connaught will be as efficient.
It almost feels like cheating. This razor is mild on the skin, leaves the results of an aggressive in the whisker department and carries all the dangers associated with rubbing a rounded sponge on your face.
I'm struggling to find fault with it. The ikon DE I have in rotation requires effort for the same result, along with my injector straights. The reward with those is greater. I don't know why that would be.
Superb, glad you like it. I simply couldn't get on with it - the Injectomatic on the other hand is sublime!

Back
Top Bottom