S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th March to Friday 10th March 2017

Fri 10th March
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick S/S single [ 9-Japan]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion.

Back from holidays have continued use my Travel Razor . Was the first time I had used it with a Japanese Schick blade, and all Shaves were very smooth and close. I thought maybe the water, but noew have had a further two shaves at home and both were extremely good.

I know that the PAL is a razor that some cannot use, but for those who like it I recommend that they try out a Japanese Schick blade. I have a tough beard, but I have been getting Shaves that equal any I have got with the highl

Attachments

• IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Fri 10th March
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick S/S single [ 9-Japan]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion.

Back from holidays have continued use my Travel Razor . Was the first time I had used it with a Japanese Schick
blade, and all Shaves were very smooth and close. I thought maybe the water, but now have had a further two shaves at home and both were extremely good.

I know that the PAL is a razor that some cannot use, but for those who like it I recommend that they try out a Japanese Schick blade. I have a tough beard, but I have been getting Shaves that equal any I have got with the
highly favoured General.

View attachment 24023
Welcome back Mike, I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
I have just got some Japanese Schick blades and will give them a try on your recommendation in my pal. Thankyou.

SOTD 20170310

GWKSe2o.jpg

Brush: Custom "Bethlehem" handle / Muhle silver tip fibre knot.
Shaving soap: Scheermonnik "Delftse donderslag".
Razor: ATT SE2.
Blade: Feather ProGuard (6).
After shave: Hugo Boss ASB.

Very smooth.

Have a nice day, everybody ! ;)

It's odd, I'll give you that! I can't really say what it smells like. A bit florally, maybe? It's a great soap though. I'd definately try a few others. Bay Rum maybe. Where did you buy it from?

FYI, Stirling's Bay Rum is most definitely a bay rum lover's bay rum. It is STRONG. If you are lukewarm about that scent, it may not be for you. I love Stirling soaps, but it was too much for me.

Friday...

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - Semogue 2000 boar
Bowl - Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable (6)
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow #4
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EdC

OSP. What can I say? Tremendous stuff. The Semogue shed a few hairs on its second outing; but no more than's expected for a new brush. It's going to be a great one, if my other Smoags are anything to go by.

So another nice shave. 4 turns from the 7 o' Clock is about right for me. A different blade next time. For some time, I'd been put off by reviews of Alt-Innsbruck for what 's an emphasis on the scent of tobacco. However, it's clearly the scent of the flower; as opposed to the leaf as smoked in cigars/ettes. So it's light, fresh, floraly and with a nice menthol presence too. I have Kevy Shaves to thank for enabling me on this one.

Back
Top Bottom