S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th March to Friday 10th March 2017

Amazing shave this morning, I'm blown away by how good the Rockwell 6S is!!!!

Hot flannel followed by face wash

Prosaro White pre-shave cream instead of my usual shave oil

Rockwell 6S

Polisilver SI

Prosaro White soap

Pecksniff's balm and Eau de T

5A6F23B9-C332-4111-8173-58DB3CF086B7_zpsqifgpuaf.jpg

I forgot the brush so here it is, my latest acquisition, 30mm Maseto Silvertip

70E8431B-B328-4471-B66E-809AFCB1A4DD_zpsw4qu7mwn.jpg

FYI, Stirling's Bay Rum is most definitely a bay rum lover's bay rum. It is STRONG. If you are lukewarm about that scent, it may not be for you. I love Stirling soaps, but it was too much for me.
Hi could you expand on what it is like please, only because I've bought two osp that I fancied and upon receiving them realised they were not for me, but really fancy trying a rum.
Thanks,
J.

Hi could you expand on what it is like please, only because I've bought two osp that I fancied and upon receiving them realised they were not for me, but really fancy trying a rum.
Thanks,
J.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and help me out with this. I am a bad one to comment, because I know that a lot of people who like bay rum really like the Stirling take on it, and I know that I am only so so on the scent in general, so the fact that this one is so powerful throws me off a bit.

Imagine an Easter ham pricked overly full of cloves baking in a small hot kitchen. Then remove any hint of the cooking ham from the scent, and make it ten times stronger. Then smear it on your face.

I am not sure that it is the clove that is so overpowering, or the bay, or the two together, but it is strong.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and help me out with this. I am a bad one to comment, because I know that a lot of people who like bay rum really like the Stirling take on it, and I know that I am only so so on the scent in general, so the fact that this one is so powerful throws me off a bit.

Imagine an Easter ham pricked overly full of cloves baking in a small hot kitchen. Then remove any hint of the cooking ham from the scent, and make it ten times stronger. Then smear it on your face.

I am not sure that it is the clove that is so overpowering, or the bay, or the two together, but it is strong.
I'll let you know when mine arrives...it can't be that strong. Surely. Can it?...:eek::eek:

That's a pretty damned good description in my opinion! I think I will stick with the ham and pass on the rum, I'm not looking for overpowering.
I must have been suffering one of my senior moments when I clicked on the eucalyptus and menthol! I should have realised o would smell like Vick's vapo rub if I were to shave with it. It's just I was looking for cold! I was also going to get a margarita in the north pole or whatever it is called. Probably best I sit on my hands for a bit till sanity prevails.

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Razor: Hone 15
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: LS Finest
Soap: Eufros Gea
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm

@Blademonkey

Firstly a big thank you to @Lann (a member on ATG) who completely out of the blue contacted me and offered to send me his Hone to try. Thank Paul you are a star.

OK what did I think of the Hone?
First off it's a beautiful looking razor. Second it's very heavy. More on that in a moment.
The shave was very smooth and not as mild as I was expecting. I had 5 days of growth so I thought the Hone might struggle but it coped admirably.
I struggled a little on my top lip but after a couple of passes I got there.

Back to the weight of the razor. I think it maybe too heavy for me. This was my first time using it so I'm sure it's something you can get used to.

A very satisfying and irritation free shave. Looking forward to the next shave already. Which can only be a good sign.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Thanks again to Paul for his generosity and trust. I really appreciate it.

Cheers
Rob

10th March 2017

Fantastic shave this evening after a long, long week. My DR Harris fragrance samples arrived from Connaught this morning along with some Lord Premium Plus blades that I bought for my Gilette Contour handle. The first pass was a little harsh but the blade seemed to get much smoother on the second and third passes and I achieved a damn near BBS shave with no irritation at all. A drop of the superb Myrsol Emulsion and I am smooth as a baby dolphin and refreshed.

xxDw383.jpg

Gilette Contour & Lord Premium Plus/Saponificio Bignoli Violetta di Parma/Plisson/Myrsol Emulsion

Back
Top Bottom