S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th January to Friday 13th January 2017

January 12, 2017

Timeless OC .95 Gap
Rudy Vey with Shavemac Finest
Route 66 Twisted Tweed
Floid Amber Sample

I am really enjoying my time with the Timeless OC this month. Another automatic near BBS two pass shave this morning. I finished the shave with a splash of Floid Amber. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Unbelievable shave tonight! Back to work after a period of sickness so have to look sharp!

4mk40.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim K1
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Brush: Maggard Razors Granite Synth

Have a good evening fellas!

Thursday 12th January 2017

SOTD 12th Jan.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon 104 + OSS Handle
Blade: Super+ platinum Israeli Personna (#2)
Brush: Kent BLK4 Silver Tip
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: Nivea replenishing balm

An interesting shave today, the Ikon 104 is without a doubt the most aggressive DE razor I have tried. The shave was extremely close but not comfortable, I could really feel the blade and it left me with some irritation in places and one minor weeper. The irritation faded not too long after the shave. I think I may try the 104 with a much lighter handle next time, maybe one from a real Tech, there is very little weight in the 104 head so the heavy Ikon OSS handle probably does not make for good balance.

An exciting SOTD today for me. It snowed and I've taken a picture I'm actually quite happy with and think is a little artistic, as such, I'll name it "Shaving at the feet of angels" probably the only time I'll ever name an SOTD and it is a little toungue in cheek, as I don't see myself as a good photographer or artistic!

It's also my first use of a new arrival, a Brad Sears original Gonzo, courtesy of @themadremmy. I've included photos below, pre cleaning, post cleaning and the lather left after two passes.

Whilst the SOTD pic shows the Bunny V-3, I haven't shaved for three days and the last time I had that much stubble and shaved with the B-V3 it struggled a little, so I instead reached for the other pass around razor. The Seygus 2016 Brass OC.

I did use Cashmere and the brush so at least two things in the picture are accurate!

The brush was great, really lovely. I believe this is a 24mm silvertip knot, not sure of loft, but the knot feels bigger than its size, it has the right backbone, beautiful soft tips and gave up lather readily. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to more shaves using it.

The Seygus was loaded with a fresh Astra and a lovely two pass shave ensued. No drama, mowed through stubborn whiskers, a couple of tiny weepers, but other than that a great shave. Enjoyed it.

Finished off with some Thayer's Aloe Witch Hazel, Speick AB and some Organic cold pressed Argan Oil. Lovely and smooth.

img_20170111_225635-01-jpeg.6847

img_20170112_221559-01-01-jpeg.6848

img_20170112_231305-01-jpeg.6850

img_20170112_185544-01-jpeg.6849

Last day of the week. Shaved while conversing with my 2.5 year old daughter sitting on the bathroom floor this morning. She had my phone to play with, so no pic.

Didn't shave yesterday, so reached for the .95 gap OC plate from Timeless. Lathered up Darron's Irish Fern with the Shavemac TSR16 snowman. Two passes, finished up with Fine Clean Vetiver and a few dabs of Guerlain Vetiver EdT. Ahhhhh. Ready to face the world. [After a significant amount of time debating over why one has to go to kindergarten, what to have for breakfast, why to change from pj to clothes, etc. ;) Those with children likely know what I'm talking about...]

Happy Friday, good gentlemen!

Good morning one and all

Pre-Pre-shave - Hot shower
Pre-shave - Proraso Green
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Gillette Fatboy (4)
Blade - Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post Shave - Executive Shaving Co Moisturising balm

Today is the first time I have used the Wilkinson Sword blade and I have to say I am very very impressed. Sharp and smooth. I would actually put them on par with the Voskhod blade.

Back
Top Bottom