S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th January to Friday 13th January 2017

Yesterday:
Minimal prep, hot water only. No pre-shave. Cyril R Salter Wild Rose shaving cream. Niazi 5/8 1908 Solingen. Nivea sensitive ASB. Acqua di parma blue mediterraneo sample. Cheek-shave only.
Today:
Minimal prep, hot water only. No pre-shave. Williams mentholated shaving cream. Niazi 5/8 1908 Solingen. Nivea sensitive ASB. Givenchy Gentleman EDT. Neck-shave only.

Two good results despite minimal prep and face lathers, which I'm unaccustomed to. After watching a couple more SR shaving videos I've altered my angle so it's a little deeper. Lovely noisy feedback from the hollow-ground razor and baby smooth in two passes, some slight touch-ups, with no irritation. Razor off for re-honing today! Already can't wait to have it back. Cyril R Salter SC was grand, very easy to use and a beautifully subtle, Turkish delight-ish scent. Not usually a fan of florals but thoroughly enjoying it. Williams mentholated SC was very easy to use, good cushion and nice cool feeling thereafter (especially walking the dog in the single digit °C)! I'm yearning for more menthol already.

tcFd4oNh.png

In honour of ‘National Peach Melba Day' – I'm going all in with a little Tim's Greek Peach & a garnish of Orange Sanguine. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella Pre-shave
Soap: Trumper - Eucris cream
Bowl: Greek Pottery
Brush: L'Occitane synthetic
Razor: Merkur 45c Bakelite
Blade: Nacet (1)
After: WH, Speick Active AS, Argan Oil

Great to smell Eucris on a winter's morning.
Thought I'd try Argan Oil as a post shave today and was really surprised. Only need a few drops and it goes on super oily but then soaks in like magic to leave no residue. Will do this again.

Have a great weekend folks.

013339fe-113d-4157-981c-8ab23f3fe88a_zps25ksm5ot.jpg

DSC_0523_zpsjxwsg5eg.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
John Nesbitt Sheffield 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Continuing My Wee Run with My Sheffield SRs..I Had a Lovely Morning Shave with My John Nesbitt Celebrated 6/8th..Like All My Vintage Sheffield SRs it Has a Real Sparkly Blade..A Very Keen & Comfortable Shaver..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

ATT SE1 Kronos
Kai mild (1)
Semogue o c
Wickhams 1912 cashmere
Thayers WH , Dove balm
Meissner Himalayan heights a/s
20170112_191939.jpg
First shave with the ATT SE1 and Kai mild blades and both provided a close, smooth and irritation/nick free two pass shave.
I did need to do a slight touch up on both sides of my lower neck as I missed them with my first and second pass.
BBS achieved, very happy shaver !

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS

ATT SE1 Kronos
Kai mild (1)
Semogue o c
Wickhams 1912 cashmere
Thayers WH , Dove balm
View attachment 23087
First shave with the ATT SE1 and Kai mild blades and both provided a close, smooth and irritation/nick free two pass shave.
I did need to do a slight touch up on both sides of my lower neck as I missed them with my first and second pass.

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS
Very nice Pat, how does it compare to your R1 & R2?

1zebbb7.jpg

Brush: MDMMen Cadman 26mm synthetic £79.99
Razor: Hone Type 15 £140
Soap: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere shaving cream £42
A/S: Creed Aventus £105

Polar opposite to yesterday, my most expensive shave. Coming in at £362.29.

Is the price worth it? No, money doesn't guarantee a good shave. In fact I found my Tech shaved me more efficiently and comfortably than the Type 15. Some prices have changed since I purchased what I used. Expensive tools doesn't mean you'll get a better shave if they are not handled very well, technique trumps all.

ATT SE1 Kronos
Kai mild (1)
Semogue o c
Wickhams 1912 cashmere
Thayers WH , Dove balm
View attachment 23087

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS
It's a great razor @patw. Glad you're enjoying it!

1zebbb7.jpg

Brush: MDMMen Cadman 26mm synthetic £79.99
Razor: Hone Type 15 £140
Soap: Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere shaving cream £42
A/S: Creed Aventus £105

Polar opposite to yesterday, my most expensive shave. Coming in at £362.29.

Is the price worth it? No, money doesn't guarantee a good shave. In fact I found my Tech shaved me more efficiently and comfortably than the Type 15. Some prices have changed since I purchased what I used. Expensive tools doesn't mean you'll get a better shave if they are not handled very well, technique trumps all.
Polar opposite indeed..a very elegant luxurious set up..no money can guarantee a good shave..very true, i'm quite taken back to read your Gillette Tech was more efficient & comfortable than the Hone!..did you use the Super-Max Super Platinum blade again?..maybe the Hone/Super-Max Super Platinum combo isn't suited...overall though, a wonderful fantastic shave set up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom