S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

Sat 7th Oct.
Omega 10005 boar
Vitos Super Red Croap
Alu.Hawk V1 / Windrose Handle
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

After a Shave yesterday with the Hawk just had to follow it up with the General. With their original
handles I find these Aluminium Razors too light, so have paired both of the up with a S/S Handle, and that combo works well for me.
As both Razors were fitted with FPs on their second outing it was going be interesting to see how they compared. Though I used different soaps, there were similar in Lather cushion /glide. The Shave today was like yesterday very smooth and comfortable with a good close all round finish.
Perhaps the General being smoother when working ATG and around the neck.

IMG_0006.jpg

ieFkWtGA_o.jpeg

Razorock 400
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Extro Arzachena
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Extro Arzachena

First use of a palm stropped Silver Blue, normally a very bad blade for me but it was a good shave today. Still find their glue dots an annoyance especially so close to the edge of the blade. Fantastic lather from Extro as always, a smooth irritation and trouble free shave. Now to decide on what to use tomorrow ...

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso - Sandalwood
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Cheshire (sample)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Brush: Crown King Suave 26mm synth
Razor: Timeless SB 0.95mm + 100mm Pineapple handle
Blade: Nacet (2)
After: P.A.A. - Gondolier AS

First use of Little Wren Pottery bowl was very enjoyable.
I think I prefer the shorter 85mm Timeless Dimpled handle to this one but the extra weight and length of the Pineapple makes the razor feel more assertive and provides lots of momentum. I find the balance holding the handle just above half way up give a nice counterweight to the heavy head and actually reduces the pressure when shaving.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

OBEoM8ehc11cTtp-6c0_JSMkJoZf9o8Z6-wm3aL_Y5LiiZHt2CrBAd6xERNfiQttJ948tMubdQyeYG67wtq_jiJDN3oHeK5Iox2Orzxggh-n58yfVKNFovJJZLNvufOxXunPS_3xN8N9__WjAkUAJz87BiOXvimFhJVv168Eq3kOpiPhBX6GsdD701YXvbuyKYs-qb_MT-bO3igdZYgZOA6P0KXgG8zFsXavPyZglZ9L2UM9H3QjV5I0fzLwbl8Nb_Q_gTBDDfolU9B5oYF2GMuSyAY0WSdR8-Tg_gbXzth15FT5jwSScFfWCtNoB4eQbnhSw7_bV3JgNoPx6cHPTgMrPMXNuE6qZj3yvhwJrgZ6hJxXOcM_AGCs-ijEkQ6dOMiThb89_ey8LKsY_rpfrFGI5LKNYHmrFMvkr4oXkIunfmHbBbN2eigsayISZvz2PeHx4Bbc2-pYYiCO6N9Diwu2FR_QTpGwioBswVzKU-FRG-_VqhnGob-DW3jI5j8AcM6KGNlBA3V9MHZU5oErPms90fFV-AGcrU5vcDP1Q7YNJsVBzSwr4QI2n98y0hbMcNpATWdc5LF6vHrlXRQNcWszG-Uzpv7V6MOInw4y9Q=w724-h800-no

99dp0YB.jpg

vzs9Tw9.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:
Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
CV. Heljestrand SE
Heljestrand Hollow Ground Blade
Pure Badger
Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Cracking Shave this Morning with my CV.Heljestrand Safety Razor & Hollow Ground Blade.This Swedish work of Art is just the Dogs Danglies..Air Craft Precision Engineering of the Day..This Razor is as Comfortable as any Cartridge Razor but Shaves Ever So Close & Ever So Deep..:)

The Smallest Straight Razor Blade in Town..:D:D

Billy

View attachment 29772
© Floid_Maniac

Absolutely great late Saturday morning shave with the Dovo Shavette Steel Handle and the Dovo Shavette long blade. No irritations, my skin feels great. Thanks to @Marcus sending me three samples of Truefitt & Hill shaving creams. The 1805 gave a very thick and slick lather. Top product.

This one goes out to @Blackmass. ;)

Thanking you kindly Sir.:cool::D

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso - Sandalwood
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Cheshire (sample)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Brush: Crown King Suave 26mm synth
Razor: Timeless SB 0.95mm + 100mm Pineapple handle
Blade: Nacet (2)
After: P.A.A. - Gondolier AS

First use of Little Wren Pottery bowl was very enjoyable.
I think I prefer the shorter 85mm Timeless Dimpled handle to this one but the extra weight and length of the Pineapple makes the razor feel more assertive and provides lots of momentum. I find the balance holding the handle just above half way up give a nice counterweight to the heavy head and actually reduces the pressure when shaving.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

OBEoM8ehc11cTtp-6c0_JSMkJoZf9o8Z6-wm3aL_Y5LiiZHt2CrBAd6xERNfiQttJ948tMubdQyeYG67wtq_jiJDN3oHeK5Iox2Orzxggh-n58yfVKNFovJJZLNvufOxXunPS_3xN8N9__WjAkUAJz87BiOXvimFhJVv168Eq3kOpiPhBX6GsdD701YXvbuyKYs-qb_MT-bO3igdZYgZOA6P0KXgG8zFsXavPyZglZ9L2UM9H3QjV5I0fzLwbl8Nb_Q_gTBDDfolU9B5oYF2GMuSyAY0WSdR8-Tg_gbXzth15FT5jwSScFfWCtNoB4eQbnhSw7_bV3JgNoPx6cHPTgMrPMXNuE6qZj3yvhwJrgZ6hJxXOcM_AGCs-ijEkQ6dOMiThb89_ey8LKsY_rpfrFGI5LKNYHmrFMvkr4oXkIunfmHbBbN2eigsayISZvz2PeHx4Bbc2-pYYiCO6N9Diwu2FR_QTpGwioBswVzKU-FRG-_VqhnGob-DW3jI5j8AcM6KGNlBA3V9MHZU5oErPms90fFV-AGcrU5vcDP1Q7YNJsVBzSwr4QI2n98y0hbMcNpATWdc5LF6vHrlXRQNcWszG-Uzpv7V6MOInw4y9Q=w724-h800-no

Lovely bowl you have there. Really like the glaze finish.:cool:

SOTD_20171007-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Above The Tie - SE1
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - 28mm Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Beta 4.2
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Balm

Date: 07 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

99dp0YB.jpg

vzs9Tw9.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:
Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
CV. Heljestrand SE
Heljestrand Hollow Ground Blade
Pure Badger
Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Cracking Shave this Morning with my CV.Heljestrand Safety Razor & Hollow Ground Blade.This Swedish work of Art is just the Dogs Danglies..Air Craft Precision Engineering of the Day..This Razor is as Comfortable as any Cartridge Razor but Shaves Ever So Close & Ever So Deep..:)

The Smallest Straight Razor Blade in Town..:D:D

Billy
Congratulations on a Fascinating looking razor Billy. I have not seen or heard of it before.
I love it :)

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap – Local Gent : Fields & Streams (cream)
Post - Cold water rinse / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

Hi, my name is Str8_Shaver, and I'm a Tallow junkie..... So why, you may ask yourself, am I using a Tallow free cream? Well firstly, it was sent by mistake, and secondly, it performs like a champ. It even betters a couple of my Tallow soaps!! :eek: So, yeah, a terrific start to my weekend.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom