S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th October to Friday 13th October 2017

Congratulations on a Fascinating looking razor Billy. I have not seen or heard of it before.
I love it :)
Thank You..Had it a Few Years Now..They Come Up on EBay from Time to Time..The Do Demand a Fair Price Usually but Not any Dearer than Some of the Current Stainless Razors being Made..The Truth is..You WONT get a Finer Shave from Another Razor on the Planet..I have Shaved with Just about Everything..;)

These were Popular with Rich People Way Past the Introduction of DE Razors..A Factory Blade Cant Look Near this..Well..Properly Honed that is..:D

Billy

Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
Razorrock 400
Dovo shavette / Derby Premium half blade
Rockwell 6C / Astra SP (2)
Proraso Green ASL
Kreed Sublime Vanilla by Mr Perfume

A mixed shave today. I have the house to myself with no distractions so I took the opportunity to break out the Dovo
First pass with the shaveette went better than last time, only couple of weepers that I didn't even feel. I'm quite pleased with this progress, as last time I had some proper cuts.
I started the second pass and soon realised I wasn't going to get a good finish with the Dovo, and re lathered and finished with the Rockwell in two smooth passes, across and against.
I got some sting from the aftershave, as expected, but not too bad.
Finished with the Mr Perfume attar, I'm left feeling smooth and smelling good.

Thank you for your reply Billy.
Really interesting.

Yet another on my want to buy list. She does look beautiful.

Do you know anyone who could hone the blade for me if I did ever happen to fall upon one? ;):D

Thanks for sharing mate.
Wayne :)
I Can Put a Superb Edge on these Blades..Felly Felly Smooth Johnny..Last Velly Long Time..:D:D

Billy

Hi, how does theTabac perform compared to other soaps you've tried. Thanks
Hello Roy...Tabac for me is a top performing soap and one of my favourites. It is a tripple milled hard soap that is very easy to lather and provides terrific cushion. The glide or slickness is good and the soap will last well over 6 months with daily usage. There are hard soaps with more slickness or glide though if this is a priority. Post shave feel is excellent. The scent seems to be a little polarising although not as much as Arko (another favourite). If you are unsure of the scent check out Boots who stock the aftershave. Tabac also do a shavestick which is an inexpensive way of giving it a try. D R Harris and Haslinger are also excellent hard tallow soaps.

FullSizeRender.jpg SOTD
Post shave
Hot towel

Brush
Wolf whiskers 25mm black wolf fan knot , Iliad handle in granny apple swirl

Razor
Oneblade genesis V2

Blade
Feather FHS-10-Hi Stainless

Soap
Wickhams 1912 Classic 24

Post shave
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Nivea sensitive 0% alcohol
Fine Platinum aftershave

Awesome shave today first time using the wolf whiskers brush that arrived this morning...face lather created a thick cushiony slick lather, completely BBS ! Smelling great and ready to relax in front of Netflix for the evening watching Ozark !!

Saturday AM 2017-10-07

Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle (Jet Black)
Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest(20mm/53mm)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow)/No. 89 shaving cream
Weber Polished Head/Stork Aristocrat 2 Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

A great shave with my favorite software.
TO4xHPv.jpg

View attachment 29773 Saturday 7th October

Prep warm thorough wash with a sensitive face wash
Brush Simpson colonel
Razor Ever ready 1912 with Gem Stainless blade
GFT shave cream facelathered
Alum/cold water rinse
Trumpers lime skin food both pre and post shave.

First try with a SE razor and received this one thanks to Paul (Blademonkey) with a few Gem Stainless blades.
Naturally due to the shape and the single edge blade I was a bit sceptical to use this, but I am so glad I did, possibly the best shave I have ever had mowed down 48 hours of stubble in no time and was very comfortable, no nicks etc. As said I am new to this so I do need a bit more practice to refine my technique especially under the nose and jaw line. So a big thanks to Paul for the opportunity to purchase it, I feel though I won't be able to use this daily so I can use it for special occasions and the first shave after a couple of days off. I love the versatility of the skin food it is now a must in my shave den and I will be ordering the bigger bottle soon. The GFT shave cream is very nice indeed and is a great scent for work not too strong.
Welcome to the world of 1912 shaving.

IMG_0228.JPG Saturday evening...

Soap - Santa Maria Novella
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk
Blade - Schick Proline P
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

Sublime. 2 days growth hewn down with a really BBS finish. The Hawk is a tremendous razor and pairs incredibly well with the Proline blades. Its lightness isn't an issue for me; particularly being used to aluminium razors like the Ever Ready 1912 Bathroom Set and the Gillette Tech. I find I can exert just the slightest pressure to yield great results, with no irritation. No doubt a heavier handle would render this unnecessary, but hey-ho.

Back
Top Bottom