Razor - Mergress (4)
blade - Gillette SB (4)
brush - Stirling 2-band fan
soap - OSP Lemon and Cedarwood hard soap
post - witch hazel
a/s - OSP Lemon and Cedarwood
balm - Neil's lime (A)
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - great. Shaving off 8 or 9 days growth - potentially the longest I have gone between shaves since I started proper shaving. I was massively looking forward to this. The Mergress apparently didn't notice the heavy growth - straight through it. No tugging or clogging of the razor - could have been two days worth by the way it felt. BBS in two passes. Very impressive. I hadn't used the Lemon and Cedarwood for a while. As any OSP soap, the performance for me is top notch. I'm particularly fond of this tonic. It's a really fresh, zesty lemon note. Little or no sweetness. So - that was an excellent shave - I feel human again. My face feels superb - probably a combination of top end products and the fact my skin likes it when I don't shave for a few days. Mind you - I think 8 or 9 days is a bit long - that's not helping with the products mountain now is it? Off to throw some travel kit into wash bag. Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.

Pre: Neutrogena Original Formula Facial Bar
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #21
Blade: NOS Boots - Made In England (3)
Soap: Monsavon
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic

f9c51357680fc2e76d29dc7b77b0b256.jpg

A blade and soap, both of which are largely off the radar, gave a fantastic shave this morning. DFS bordering on BBS in 2 passes. My face still fells good 14+ hours later.​

Sotd - Saturday 7/10 -

Razor - Mergress (4)
blade - Gillette SB (4)
brush - Stirling 2-band fan
soap - OSP Lemon and Cedarwood hard soap
post - witch hazel
a/s - OSP Lemon and Cedarwood
balm - Neil's lime (A)
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - great. Shaving off 8 or 9 days growth - potentially the longest I have gone between shaves since I started proper shaving. I was massively looking forward to this. The Mergress apparently didn't notice the heavy growth - straight through it. No tugging or clogging of the razor - could have been two days worth by the way it felt. BBS in two passes. Very impressive. I hadn't used the Lemon and Cedarwood for a while. As any OSP soap, the performance for me is top notch. I'm particularly fond of this tonic. It's a really fresh, zesty lemon note. Little or no sweetness. So - that was an excellent shave - I feel human again. My face feels superb - probably a combination of top end products and the fact my skin likes it when I don't shave for a few days. Mind you - I think 8 or 9 days is a bit long - that's not helping with the products mountain now is it? Off to throw some travel kit into wash bag. Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.
Enjoy your trip where ever that may be.:) P.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 8th October

Prep ~ Shower Donkey milk soap
Razor ~ Supply SE polished 000 plate
Blade ~ Schick Proline B-20
Soap ~ Valobra
Brush ~ Razorock Italian Barber
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Stash by SJP

A great Sunday shave, everything worked as it should including the operator, I was left extremly well shaven and relaxed.
The EDP Stash by SJP was bought on recomendation by @Tonka Man and I am more than pleased with it, an aromatic woody composition that that feels right for this time of year.

Wishing you all a super Sunday..........:)

SOTD: 8th October 2017.
B.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 830 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Body Shop ~ Maca Root .

Blade: Shark Super Stainless . (2)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Old Spice ~ Bearglove A/S .

Gillette ~ Sensitive A/S Balm .

Greetings,

A very comfortable relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report.

The Body shop maca root cream is a wonderful performer, it's doesn't get top marks with it's scent, but it's performance slickness, & post shave feeling is superb.

Finishing the shave off with quite a few generous squirts of Old Spice Bearglove Aftershave.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling like freshly cut watermelon.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: T&H Sandalwood
Razor: Windrose OC Slant
Blade: Astra SP

IMG_20171008_002150.jpg
Not the prettiest razor head I own but it's deceptively smooth yet effective. A few touch ups required around the chin, but not a bad razor.
Boots Freshwood ASB is the best budget skin product I've tried. It's easily absorbed and leaves the skin silky and smooth. But of course ymmv.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: T&H Sandalwood
Razor: Windrose OC Slant
Blade: Astra SP

View attachment 29835
Not the prettiest razor head I own but it's deceptively smooth yet effective. A few touch ups required around the chin, but not a bad razor.
Boots Freshwood ASB is the best budget skin product I've tried. It's easily absorbed and leaves the skin silky and smooth. But of course ymmv.
+ 1 on the Boots Freshwood ASB...amazing stuff for what it costs.;)

Razor - The General
Blade - Schick Proline P
Bowl - Little Wren
Brush - Semogue SE 2012 (mix )
Soap - TGGR Highland Bothy
Post - Lucky Tiger , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S - Meissner Himalayan Heights
View attachment 29839

Have a nice Sunday fellas
Razor - The General
Blade - Schick Proline P
Bowl - Little Wren
Brush - Semogue SE 2012 (mix )
Soap - TGGR Highland Bothy
Post - Lucky Tiger , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S - Meissner Himalayan Heights
View attachment 29839

Have a nice Sunday fellas
A great picture Pat, have a lovely day :)

Back
Top Bottom