S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 20th - Friday 26th July 2013

SOTD 7/26
Razor: Heljestrand MK8
Bush: Simpson Commodore x3
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Dr.Harris Windsor

Swedish writer and poet Dan Andersson 1888-1920 Made my morning today with his amazing poems which has been set to music by many diffrent musicians today.

DSC01113_zps5bf14372.jpg

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVrwmwgC3IU[/video]​

Good Lord, Rod, that quartzite brush is beautiful. I've not noticed any of those on your site, luckily for my pocket.

Today I changed the blade in my Artist Club for the first time in a year (since I shall soon be taking it on holiday). It must have done well over fifty shaves since then. Remarkable. Took the rawness off by notching the rim of a TP tube thrice.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade
Brush: Simpson Major in best
Soap: Monsavon

A really lovely shave.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)

Slight post-shave irritation in a couple spots. Not sure whether to blame TOBS or my overzealous technique in trying to remove 2 days' growth...

Afternoon, gents.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Nanjie tto
Blade: Dorco 300 (5)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
A/S: Superdrug's Clear Water

A better shave than yesterday thanks, I think, to the Kell's soap. The blade was ready for replacement and if it weren't for my stubborn insistence on getting at least five shaves from a blade, I suspect that the end of week shaves would have been as impressive as Monday's and Tuesday's.

The Nanjie has been a real surprise: with lots of care and attention (and more frequent blade changes), I've found it's possible to get excellent shaves out of this pocket-money purchase. I do wonder, though, what it would be like with a much sharper blade. I'll definitely be including it in the rotation so I suppose I'll have to pair it with a Personna Lab or Polsilver to find out.

Friday 26th July

SOTD26713_zps019fe6bd.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's NEW deluxe gold
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Another lovely comfortable shave today. A different razor and blade set up for tomorrows shave.

Brian

yakker old type copy
silver star
semogue oc 2 band
proraso green tub
indian old spice fresh lime AS/ 444
andy warhol pour homme edt

excellent shave. first try out with an old type copy i found in a bric a brac shop for £1 and its given me an outstanding shave, this razor will get some regular use. silver star blades are one of my favourites at the moment, i always get a decent shave from them without fail, they dont seem to get much notice on the forums and im always surprised by that.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: 1946-47 Aristocrat
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Derby Stick
Aftershave: Skin Bracer Original

Another lovely shave with the Aristocrat, i think i'll get this one nickel replated at some point.

1st use of the Derby stick, very similar to Arko i used for my last shave, excellent lather, smells like household cleaner.

I might leave the Arko and Derby sticks in the garage for a few months, saying that though even if these had no scent, i'd still go with my other soaps (MWF, VITOS, D R Harris, Lea, Proraso) over these.

July 26, 2013 Friday evening shave

Prep: Hot water rinse/Somerset's pre-shave oil
Brush: Restored Made Rite Finest Badger
Cream/Soap: Queen Charlotte's Iced Key Lime
Razor: 1959 Gillette Fat Boy (7,5,3)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Thin (NOS) new

Three pass shave WTG, ATG, XTG for touch ups

Aftershave: Myrsol formula F Extra

Inaugural run for the brand new (to me) 59' Fat Boy. In retrospect, I should have used a modern blade instead of the NOS Gillette Thin. Decent shave but the blade pulled a little here and there and I had numerous touch ups to do, more than normal. I tossed the blade and will move on. Love the new Fat Boy however.

Frank

Proraso pre
WM Neumann's Bay Rum Soap
Semogue 1800 Boar
Merkur 33c Head / UFO TiTan
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Original
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum
Guerlain Vetiver EDT

Love the Bay Rum plus Vetiver combo. Earthy, dirty, rustic smell.
[attachment=8026]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374891231.585545.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374891231.585545.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 11
I had very few unscented or lightly scented products.  Generally when I make a superlather it is a blend of two complimentary scents, but there are occasions when I want one particular scent to shine through rather than to meld with the other scent.  Looking through my stuff I decided to combine Karo Classic (a lightly scented cream) with Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Juniper Sage soap (a heavily scented glycerin based soap).

My superlather worked extremely well and came out exactly as I hoped it would.  I did a face lather with my new Every Man Jack synthetic brush and got an amazingly creamy, thick lather with a nice juniper heavy scent.  I did a three pass wtg/atg/xtg shave followed by a cold water rinse and an application of SAL Alum.  Yet another BBS shave from my RiMei and a Croma Diamant blade.  I'm really liking all of these spiffy Tech and Tech-like razors.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: RiMei
Blade: Croma Diamant
Brush: Every Man Jack synthetic
Soap: Superlather of Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Juniper Sage and Karo Classic

[attachment=8027]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374895195625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374895195625.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom