S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 20th - Friday 26th July 2013

Thursday 07-25-13. MUSIC: Duran Duran - Duran Duran (1981).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rckBKumQA[/video]

b9e9e66f-46c1-4542-9df2-8528bfa38ed8.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Chroma Diamant #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap TABAC - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Old Spice Original.

XOkYIud.jpg

MRGLO
Black Beauty @ 5 then 3
Feather Hi-S (2)
Unknown "Porridge Oat" Soap
Chinese 24 mm Pure
Krampert's Finest

Good shave. I bought the soap from a stall at Sloan's market in Glasgow ages ago and only just got around to using it: it was surprisingly good - not perfect, but good. I can't remember how much it cost so I can't say whether it was worth it or not!

dodgy said:
... Yeah, that shaving crap Michael was handing out (and still is I think) years ago. Actually, he's the guy who helped get me started with this 'hobby'.

BBS and a very lazy, comfortable shave,

A real boring Martin

Cheers Martini, much appreciated, to get feedback (even though late)! When ever you feel ready for it, we'll take the next step on your shaving yourney - cut throats aka straight razors. I'm here for ya grasshopper, you know I only want to help you get the best possible shaves. From Monday I'll consult with the good Doc D in Barcelona, be sure your name's high on the list -we only want your best!

Mikael said:
dodgy said:
... Yeah, that shaving crap Michael was handing out (and still is I think) years ago. Actually, he's the guy who helped get me started with this 'hobby'.

A real boring Martin

Cheers Martini, much appreciated, to get feedback (even though late)! When ever you feel ready for it, we'll take the next step on your shaving yourney - cut throats aka straight razors. I'm here for ya grasshopper, you know I only want to help you get the best possible shaves. From Monday I'll consult with the good Doc D in Barcelona, be sure your name's high on the list -we only want your best!

That next step Martin you wouldn't have to do next to nothing being as you've already got a straight razor, just pop it in the post to a hone master for a good old rub up the stones, when it returns.............a real boring Martin will have a beeming BSS for the first time, you shouldn't worry about nothing bad going on just stretch your skin and lightly scrape off that bum fluff, Micky-Magnus use straights all the time even in the winter when suicide calls and there still here. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Today's shave

Feather artist club
Feather Gay Guard blade (they may have a Gay Guard, but still sharp something Martin may wish to investigate xxx)
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Down Home Summer
Old Spice WhiteWater splash

Result BSS WTG :D:D

John said:
Mikael said:
dodgy said:

A real boring Martin

Cheers Martini, much appreciated, to get feedback (even though late)! When ever you feel ready for it, we'll take the next step on your shaving yourney - cut throats aka straight razors. I'm here for ya grasshopper, you know I only want to help you get the best possible Ishaves. From Monday I'll consult with the good Doc D in Barcelona, be sure your name's high on the list -we only want your best!

That next step Martin you wouldn't have to do next to nothing being as you've already got a straight razor, just pop it in the post to a hone master for a good old rub up the stones, when it returns.............a real boring Martin will have a beeming BSS for the first time, you shouldn't worry about nothing bad going on just stretch your skin and lightly scrape off that bum fluff, Micky-Magnus use straights all the time even in the winter when suicide calls and there still here. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Today's shave

Feather artist club
Feather Gay Guard blade (they may have a Gay Guard, but still sharp something Martin may wish to investigate xxx)

Hah, looks like I struck a nerve there John. Well, the idea was to say something outrageous and then let things take their proper course. I may have been a bit overstated in my percentage guesstimate of forum poofters. Could be as low as 70%. Is that better?

John, would you want Mikey and the Good Doctor screwing with your head? Having things you want.........more and more and more. I believe both those guys are relentless. Uncle Mikey sure as hell is. No thank you!!!!!!

Mikey, that "I only want what's best for you buddy" is wearing thin (except for the new guys who don't know any better). Heh, they probably even think you're a nice guy!! Pretty funny eh?

I will take boring any day,

Martin

P.S. John.....I think you stopped by hoping to help get some blood in the water. I have a feeling you'd like nothing more than for me to become those two guy's shaving crap bitch. You are a rascal.

20130725.jpg

SOTD Thursday
The new toy, so time to bring out the other #1 favourites too...

Soap: Eau Sauvage Shaving Cream - Luxuriously creamy
Razor: New Dovo straight with mammoth ivory scales (Its first use)
Brush: Rod Neep SS-GE in Veined Quartzite (& stainless steel)
Aftershave: Eau Sauvage
(and also my EDC pocket knife that I fitted with mammoth ivory scales many years ago).

Just like the old knife, the new razor will be used regularly and not become a closet queen.

Dr Dulcamara said:
No danger Martin. I,m not in Barcelona. I do not speak english. And I do not speak about people who is not present. And I sympathize with the old curmudgeons.

The Good Dr and Mickey are top notch pushers of shaving crap, more so with the Good Dr, even the wife knows his brand of photos, hell even a friend of ours knows about them :s Micky sees you like a straight razor Martin....that "I only want what's best for you buddy" is wearing thin is quiet apt.

Ps 70% is looking better ;)

Friday:

Tabac
Semogue SOC Boar
Slim Adjustable
Rapira Serdish Supersteel
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS
L'Occitane Baux EdT

Top job, smooth and comfortable.

SOTD26-07-13_zps442c902e.jpg

Thursday xxvi July, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence shea butter soap
Pre: Cold water splash, Vito's Crema Pre-Dopo Barba
Soap: Prep Sapona da barba
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger Travel Turnback
Razor: Merkur Digress LD
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver #3
Post: Kiehl's Herbal Astringent, Zirh Post Shave Solution
Fragrance: Sex Pistols EdT

Result: No shave yesterday as I wanted to see how the Digress would cope with two days growth. Dialled it up to 3.5 and let rip. Two passes and job done. Impressive. Not sure about the Kiehl's astringent, or more that it doesn't get on with ASB on top of it.

Have a good day.

Jon

Friday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Supermax cream
Kent BK2 brush
Gillette superspeed
Feather blade (3)
Alum and witch hazel
Superdrug forest fresh as

Glad it's Friday!

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic - Dorco Blade
Rudy Vey custom redwood burl with 23mm Shavemac knot
Ingram Shaving Cream
Proraso Green A/S
Penhaligons Lavandula

First experience of a shavemac knot - it won't be my last :heart: and my shitty week endeth

Slim Adjustable on 7, 5
Schick dated 2001
Turkish No. 6
Imperial Leather shaving soap bowl
Paco Rabane XS A/S

Very good. For the next seven days I will have a limited choice of kit on holiday - a mint aluminium Tech, a 7 o'clock open comb, Palmolive stick, Old Spice shaving cream, a cheap boar brush and Floid a/s samples. Plus anything I happen to buy while I'm away :)

Back
Top Bottom