S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 20th - Friday 26th July 2013

merkur hd
english wilkinson sword
muhle silvertip fibre
culmak shaving soap/ palmolive stick
vintage shulton old spice AS
boots no7 post shave balm

decent shave eventually. the culmak soap was absolutely cack, id seen decent enough reviews of it and when i opened it the smell was excellent, reminded me of yardley lavender bath soap. the lather however wouldnt hold and collapsed before id even shaved my face, there was no protection or body to it, had to get the palmolive out to finish off. shame, because i had high hopes for it. maybe just a bad batch, regardless, its now in the bin.

Prep: L Oreal face scrub
Soap: Erasmic shaving soap bowl
Brush: Edwin Jagger chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle
Razor: Boots DE
Blade: Shark super stainless

A surpringly good shave.

I an getting in a real groove with my frankenrazor/Feather combo, which happens sometimes. Been using this set up all the time for a while now. Only used 2-3 different soaps in a week. Just the ones that work the best for me. Shaving like there's no blade being used and still getting very good results,

Man, I have a bunch of razors and soaps to choose from....some that I like a good bit. Heh, maybe it's like a journey of enlightenment that ends up back to square one after years of distraction and trying different stuff. Yeah, that Zen crap Michael Hamm was handing out (and still is I think) years ago. Actually, he's the guy who helped get me started with this 'hobby'.

BBS and a very lazy, comfortable shave,

A real boring Martin

Evening, all.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Nanjie tto
Blade: Dorco 300 (3)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Homemade Mugler Cologne

Still close and good.

Prep: Bulldog Face Wash
Razor: 1946-47 Aristocrat
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue Splash

1st shave with the Aristocrat, a lovely smooth shave, the blade suited it well, nice razor!

1st shave with Arko, superb lather, household cleaner type scent, not too bad though.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Tonight was PLISSKIN TIME

2252541-snake_l.jpg

Prep: Cold rinse
Cream: Nannys Citrus Zinger & Palmolive superlather - scuttle lathered
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Mild

Very smooth finish. Ye cannae beat a Cobra, Captain.

dodgy said:
I an getting in a real groove with my frankenrazor/Feather combo, which happens sometimes. Been using this set up all the time for a while now. Only used 2-3 different soaps in a week. Just the ones that work the best for me. Shaving like there's no blade being used and still getting very good results,

Man, I have a bunch of razors and soaps to choose from....some that I like a good bit. Heh, maybe it's like a journey of enlightenment that ends up back to square one after years of distraction and trying different stuff. Yeah, that Zen crap Michael Hamm was handing out (and still is I think) years ago. Actually, he's the guy who helped get me started with this 'hobby'.

BBS and a very lazy, comfortable shave,

A real boring Martin

I am reading his book at the moment. Interesting stuff.

Anyway tonights shave

Hot Shower & 3P Cream
Vito (soap of the week)
Semogue 1305
Stahly Head (thanks Martin!) with Fat Tech handle
Supermax Stainless (2)
Speick AS Splash
2 drops of Lime Skin Food

Think this blade is past its best, so time to change it. Really liking the Stahly head though, I am sure it would be even better with a heavy handle.

Razor: Heljestrand 17/16 BEAST
Brush: Simpson Tulip 3
Cream:Spanish Leather
ASB: Bulldog

A good friend of mine let me have a go with his monster Helje. And it was very fun! i was however abit lazy on the stropping so it was not as smooth as i would like. other then that... epic! (on the picture is also a MK29 :))

DSC01095_zps11b496cf.jpg

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqepsrCIiFw&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

I've purposely not posted in the SOTD since, maybe, the turn of the year. I sort of lost the urge to do it, and found that it, to some degree, fed my AS/AD.

This morning's shave was particularly good, so I thought I'd throw this one in.

Thursday 25/07/13

Merkur Futur (Shiny chrome version set to 2.5)
Shark Super Chrome Blade (a fresh one)
Semogue 620 Boar Brush
Cella Soap
Speik a/s Splash

1 Pass WTG all over, ATG pass on neck and chin.

Ian

Morning all,

Dove Mens prep
Proraso Pre Green
Kells Original Aloe/Hemp Lime Soap
EJ DE89 with Perma-Sharp
Vulfix 404
Forest Fresh A/S
Azzaro Edt

First shave with the Kells (Swap with Manoflamancha), superb cushion and lather, even in my hard water area !! , great stuff.

Thursday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
FaTip/Weber Bulldog
Rapira Serdish Supersteel
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS
Penhaligon's Endymion EdC

Close shave but not the most comfortable, I got a few weepers.

Prep face wash L'Occitane vetiver soap
Razor Feather DX Artist club
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpsons chubby 1 in super
Mondial Bergamot & Neroli Italian soap
Alum & Thayers toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Guerlain vetiver Edt

Extremely close and smooth shave.​

Morning, everybody.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Nanjie tto
Blade: Dorco 300 (4)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Flint
A/S: Stetson Sierra
Cologne: Stetson Sierra

A tuggy shave that resulted in a decent result. Either the Dorco's dying on me or the Flint shave cream wasn't quite up to the job. I'll try something better tomorrow.

Wednesday night

Razor : Feather Popular
Blade : Polsilver SI
Brush : Kent Inifinity
Soap : Proraso Green tub
Splash : proraso

First shave using the Kent - coming for a week with synths. Mixed so far, seems better than the Body Shop brush but not by much. Will give it a few more goes before passing judgement.

Turkish No. 6 brush
Sik Bay with Sputnik Teflon (2)
Surrey
SFH lemon and cedarwood a/s gel

Very good shave, albeit with some minor irritation in the usual problem areas. The razor is very good but takes a little getting used to. I instinctively feel like pushing down, perhaps because it's so light, but I do get a good feeling of where the blade is. It's great for right under the nostrils as the head is so thin. I doubt this will be a regular or daily shaver but it's good enough to include in my travel kit and was a freebie so I don't have much to complain about

Back
Top Bottom