S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

dodgy said:
Helveticum said:
perhaps I was easier due to my 3 day stubble!

Yep, that mighta coulda made a difference. Did you try this method with the Himalaya soap yet? That would be a good one to use shave stick wise because of how relatively soft it is.

I did indeed, and it worked a treat as well! Same with PS Verlaine. I've turned old skool with that regard - from what I learn they used to use shaving soaps mostly in that fashion in days of yore, and I can definitely see why.

Helveticum said:
dodgy said:
I did that myself a while back when going through my shavestick period. Yeah, worked well all right. I did have to spend a fair bit of time rubbing it into my beard because that soap's so hard. Nice stuff and a good way to use it.

Hmm, I just ran it across the stubble, it gave away easily - but again, it's a relatively 'fresh' cake, perhaps you had an older, drier one? Or perhaps I was easier due to my 3 day stubble! :icon_razz:
I did have less luck lathering directly from it in the bowl though, so it definitely is hard enough anyway, but what a quality product! Made me sell my MdC.

Hey! Who are you calling drier and older (Martin can't help if his body's giving up on him and has started to mumify)?

Evening, everybody.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Carbon (1)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
A/S: Homemade Alpa Fougere
Cologne: Alpa Fougere

A good, close shave. The carbon blade wasn't as smooth as some reviewers have stated, but it wasn't rough and there was no trace of skin irritation afterwards.

Mikael said:
Hey! Who are you calling drier and older (Martin can't help if his body's giving up on him and has started to mumify)?

How bout mummify, liquefy, or putrefy, depending on the body part.

Thanks for stickin up for me Unca Mikey,

' 'Tini'

Back
Top Bottom