S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

Simpson Chubby 1 Super 2 Band
Floris No. 89 Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Personna Med
Floris No. 89 Aftershave Balm

Friday 08-01-13. MUSIC: The B-52's - Cosmic Thing (1989).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-VeUq8j6J8[/video]

06803b2b-075a-423a-8a90-09ad03f66ef3.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Iridium Super #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap RazoRock King Louis Lavender - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

FRIDAY MORNING

Am visiting family in Sheffield so have my travel kit which consists of:

Gillette long comb New
Rapira
Sir Irisch Moos stick
Muhle V2 synthetic
Witch hazel
Bulldog balm

Managed an excellent shave with this combo though, again, shaving up here reminds me how spoilt I am with the soft South Devon water. Much more difficult to get a good lather.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Brush: Grosvenor handle/TGN 2-band badger knot
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Iridium Super (3)
EdT: DR Harris Windsor

Excellent shave and ready for the weekend :)

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
Omega 10219, MWF
Feather AS-D2, Polsilver SI (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Third go with the AS-D2... no denying it's on the mild side, but the results suit me... smooth and VERY comfortable.
Big break from tradition today... I decided to rinse off the alum block before applying the balm. The result does seem more natural and comfortable to me. Been wondering about the role of the alum block lately as the shaves have just been getting more and more comfortable. So tomorrow I may try without the alum block entirely and just go for the cold splash and balm (shock/horror!!!) The alum block may be relegated to emergency use only (maybe I shouldn't tempt fate)

WiffWaff said:
Been wondering about the role of the alum block lately as the shaves have just been getting more and more comfortable. So tomorrow I may try without the alum block entirely and just go for the cold splash and balm (shock/horror!!!) The alum block may be relegated to emergency use only (maybe I shouldn't tempt fate)

I now use alum only when I have to seal weepers or deal with nicks. I much prefer a splash of witch hazel, and then an emulsion of ASB.

Friday 2nd August

SOTD2813_zps7fef1500.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1955 Red tip superspeed
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

A fine shave the sharp edge blade makes a good pairing with the red tip.

Brian

old type copy
sputnik
muhle silvertip fibre
razorock ceech and chumba shaving soap
myrsol agua balsamica
pour un homme de caron edt

overall a good close shave. a few weepers and a few sore spots, think i got a little cavalier with this razor after some excellent shaves.

jds said:
I now use alum only when I have to seal weepers or deal with nicks. I much prefer a splash of witch hazel, and then an emulsion of ASB.

Might even investigate the witch hazel myself. Anyway... time to man up and try without the alum... I'll just have to bite on a spoon if the pain gets too intense

Evening, everyone.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Rimei aka Silver Tone aka Sodial
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (7)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Real Shaving Company
A/S: Adidas Ice Dive
Cologne: Baby Blue Jeans

Another very good shave.

Gillette Super-Speed
Israeli Personna (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Palmolive Classic stick
Nivea Sensitive balm

Fully appreciating the Palmolive stick - the best bargain in shaving? Odd spot of irritation under the neck.

Helveticum said:
Another French week shave.

Institut Karite shaving soap (used as shave stick)

I did that myself a while back when going through my shavestick period. Yeah, worked well all right. I did have to spend a fair bit of time rubbing it into my beard because that soap's so hard. Nice stuff and a good way to use it.

dodgy said:
I did that myself a while back when going through my shavestick period. Yeah, worked well all right. I did have to spend a fair bit of time rubbing it into my beard because that soap's so hard. Nice stuff and a good way to use it.

Hmm, I just ran it across the stubble, it gave away easily - but again, it's a relatively 'fresh' cake, perhaps you had an older, drier one? Or perhaps I was easier due to my 3 day stubble! :icon_razz:
I did have less luck lathering directly from it in the bowl though, so it definitely is hard enough anyway, but what a quality product! Made me sell my MdC.

Helveticum said:
perhaps I was easier due to my 3 day stubble!

Yep, that mighta coulda made a difference. Did you try this method with the Himalaya soap yet? That would be a good one to use shave stick wise because of how relatively soft it is.

Trumpers Sandalwood shaving cream
Turkish no. 6 brush
Slim Twist
Sputnik Teflon
Superdrug Sierran Breeze a/s

Just a quick freshen up shave. Did the job OK. My Trumpers cream is squeezed into a plastic container and has gone rock hard. Lathered it like a soap!

Back
Top Bottom