S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

Gillette Super-Speed
Israeli Personna (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Barbon shaving cream
Nivea Sensitive balm
Penhaligon's Castile

This wasn't a particularly comfortable shave. Because I changed two variables I can't pin it down.

The weather didn't play ball today. I was aiming to do the Snowdon Horseshoe but, fed up of clambering across Crib Goch and Garnedd Ugain in next-to-no visibility, I marched up to the trig point, stopped to watch the intriguing Jewish men walk up in their very polished brogues, and marched down Miner's rather than finishing the circuit. Still - it's there for another day.

Prep: village barber oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - 2 band
Razor: UFO U2/Stahly Head

Nice cold water shave in this heat, was slightly disappointed with the menthol side of things with the glacial. Although usually splashes being me out very red this didn't.

Proraso pre/post green
MWF
Duke 3 in best
UFO Kaiser with Ikon OSS
7 o'clock yellow (2)
Alum
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Balm

Great shave again with the OSS. Really liking it and now can't wait till their slant is released. If its a cross between this and the 37c it could be the perfect razor.

John said:
vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger

That's a nice brush you've got in your hand Martin :)

Thanks John,
Bought that, meaning to ask GD Carrington if he'd find a nice knot for the thing. The color's more of an amber than most, as you can see,

Today before late shift.....

Warm shower
Sportsman shaving oil
Arko Maximum Comfort cream
Prepared with a Bodger brush
Lending Pool Merkur Futur set on 3
Loaded with a Permasharp blade
Bluebeard's Revenge post Shave Balm
Calvin Klein Eternity 'Summer'

Fantastic shave

Late shift was crap though, hot sticky and plagued by buffoons!

Friday:

Ingram's
NF Tubby 2
Long Comb New/JEC handle
Voskhod
Witch Hazel
Proraso AS

Lovely comfortable shave. Needed a menthol kick to cut through the humidity. Refreshed...for now.

Friday:
Semogue Caravela
Proraso Green
Gillette Sheraton
Iridium Super
Osage Rub

sotd20130802.jpg

Friday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre (last use need to replace!)
Kent BK2
Arko moist cream
Merkur 39c sledgehammer
Gillette Nacet blade (3)
Alum and witch hazel gel
Nivea balm

Decent shave not as smooth and the blade is finished after this third shave with it.

Thursday night

Razor : Muhle R41
Blade : Polsilver SI
Brush : Simpson Commodore X2
Soap : Proraso green tub
Splash : Proraso

Used the R41 for about the first time in a month to see hoe the SI blade went with it. Completed a whole 7 days using the Proraso combo - quite pleased with myself that I managed to stick with just the one combo all week.

I had a fantastic day yesterday - I met some fantastic people here in Barcelona! Dr D, Jabonman and the wonderful familia at Myrsol :D today I used some of the new software (thank you guys!) - Aqua de limon and Jabonmans (Manuels) new formula and soap "Citricos", Bengall Cast steel regrind, Neil Miller paddle and New Forest extra stuffed 2201. First: fantastic soap, the scent's to die for, absolutly fantastic (complexed and gently lovely with lemon gras as base, also Bergamot and lots of other scents - in the same division as Castle Forbes). When I was finished I forgot to put on the Myrsol AS on the face while I shaved the head, the soap seemed to have taken care of the post work... However the Myrsol AS's really, really good as well, first I didn't notice much but it worked it's magic and after 30-60 secs I felt a fantastic fresh citrus feeling and scent, just perfect for yet another hot day in Catalonia/Spain :D
[attachment=8101]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375437547.293987.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375437547.293987.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 38
Another French week shave.
Cold shower
Institut Karite shaving soap (used as shave stick)
Muehle synthetic
Weber w/Astra
Pitralon
Institut Karite ASB

What a great soap it is! I get the best results with it when rubbing as a shave stick though. Excellent skincare with their products too.

Helveticum said:
Another French week shave.
Cold shower
Institut Karite shaving soap (used as shave stick)
Muehle synthetic
Weber w/Astra
Pitralon
Institut Karite ASB

What a great soap it is! I get the best results with it when rubbing as a shave stick though. Excellent skincare with their products too.

Which Pitralon is that? I've got the Classic and the one in the brown bottle. Love the classic, but not getting on with the other.....

Ratty said:
jds said:
Thursday i August, 2013

White Rabbits

Prep: Shower, Savon de Provence Shea butter
Pre: Cold water splash, Vito's Crema Pre-Dopobarba
Brush: Frank Shaving Pur Tech Synthetic
Soap: Figaro P.160
Razor:Merkur Digress LD
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver Stainless # 3
Fragrance: Sex Pistols EdP

Result: Bloody great this morning. Three passes - N-S, S-N, EAR-MOUTH, and worked like a dream. Seriously enjoying the Figaro, it's great stuff

All the best

Jon

John, How are you working the Figaro? I've got a block but not started it yet -are you cutting / pinching a bit off at a time? or have you packed it into a bowl?

Ratty

Loving it. I hacked off a block and put that in a clip lock rectangular box for travel. I've also got a sliver that I had to cut off to get the other bit in the box, so I use that shave stick style. I've passed on a couple of lumps too and given a freind some. Still got a massive lump in the original box. It is a great soap, lathers easily and extravagantly. Cushion, slip, slide. It's all there. Great stuff and I'll have it for years yet!!
Any thoughts on how old it is?

Cheers,

Jon

Mikael said:
I had a fantastic day yesterday - I met some fantastic people here in Barcelona! Dr D, Jabonman and the wonderful familia at Myrsol :D today I used some of the new software (thank you guys!) - Aqua de limon and Jabonmans (Manuels) new formula and soap "Citricos", Bengall Cast steel regrind, Neil Miller paddle and New Forest extra stuffed 2201. First: fantastic soap, the scent's to die for, absolutly fantastic (complexed and gently lovely with lemon gras as base, also Bergamot and lots of other scents - in the same division as Castle Forbes). When I was finished I forgot to put on the Myrsol AS on the face while I shaved the head, the soap seemed to have taken care of the post work... However the Myrsol AS's really, really good as well, first I didn't notice much but it worked it's magic and after 30-60 secs I felt a fantastic fresh citrus feeling and scent, just perfect for yet another hot day in Catalonia/Spain :D

Oh yeah.

My friends, you should have seen how he ate Spanish food! With relish! Ah, damnit, what a nice Swedish guy! Good conversation!

We miss more friends, especially Martin. Martin, please come to Spain, guy, come to paradise of good food, good weather, friendly people, and beautiful women! You will not want to go back home. You will cry at the airport to say goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom