Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Carbon (7)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic "new and improved formula"
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Neroli's Port

A lovely and very easy shave to end the week. I didn't expect the carbon blade to give seven such excellent shaves (the tugging has even gone - because the blade's a bit blunter by now?); I'm really pleased. I also bought a tube of the new Erasmic to compare with the old one. The quality of the lather and the shave it provided was as high as the old Erasmic, but the scent is very different (more floral, I'd say) and I do like the smell of the older Erasmic. Why must they always fiddle with things that already work?

Shavemac Ivory Beehive D01 Silvertip
Haslinger Sandelholz Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Weber DLC Head
EJ Ivory Chatsworth Handle
Iridium Super
Floris Santal Aftershave Balm

Friday 9th August

SOTD9813_zps898231ad.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream bowl lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette 1950's flare tip rocket
Voskhod (2)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/Extra aftershave

Comfortable shave today. The Rose cream is new out and the F/Extra is only the second use. The two go quite well together. The results very pleasing with a cooling sensation from the aftershave.

Brian

Friday 08-09-13. MUSIC: Aztec Camera.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bif32jO5MiM&list=PL68CBD136F1721AF0[/video]

ab121bea-318b-4b67-ad60-872929f751c6.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumper's Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL DR. Harris Arlington cologne.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum/Indian (4)

Really liking the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock. 4 excellent, comfortable shaves out of this blade and I could go on for at least another 1. They are very sharp but also very forgiving, an excellent combination of attributes in my book.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Friday morning

Gillette face wash
Prep pre shave
Kent BK2 brush
Supermax cream
Gillette super adjustable black beauty @7
Bolzano blade (3)
Alum and witch hazel
Blue stratos after shave

Nice shave but the blade was struggling on the third pass.

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: Proraso menthol
Razor: Merkur 39C barbershop slant
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock
Brush: Kent H8
Bowl: Steve Woodhead bespoke
Post shave: Bluebeards revenge balm
After shave: Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes

Did my cheeks with the Parker shavette for a bit of practice.

La Toja stick
Turkish no. 6
Aristocrat (no. 15 probably)
'Red' Personna
Boots Freshwood balm

First time this blade hasn't worked for me. Fourth shave with this razor now. I find this Aristocrat aggressive yet not a close shaver unless I get the right blade and for me this isn't it. Was smooth at first but then wasn't getting close enough under the chin and skin just got more sore but no less hairy.

EDIT: Just realised it's Saturday and a new SOTD week!

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Personna Med Prep (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre scented
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Pholosykos edp

I'm off to the first wedding of my university friends this afternoon. It feels like the end of one era and the beginning of the next! It's been a while since I last wore decent smart clobber as I avoid wearing anything of value at work (school teacher). It all gets ruined! M&S and Debenhams are invaluable for cheap workwear; i.e. cheap brogues, £8 non-iron shirts, £6 ties etc. I might even break out a pocket square!

Re: RE: S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 3rd - Friday 9th August 2013

Burgundy said:
EDIT: Just realised it's Saturday and a new SOTD week!

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Personna Med Prep (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre scented
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Pholosykos edp

I'm off to the first wedding of my university friends this afternoon. It feels like the end of one era and the beginning of the next! It's been a while since I last wore decent smart clobber as I avoid wearing anything of value at work (school teacher). It all gets ruined! M&S and Debenhams are invaluable for cheap workwear; i.e. cheap brogues, £8 non-iron shirts, £6 ties etc. I might even break out a pocket square!

£8 non-iron shirts? Must be Debenhams as M&S rarely have bargains. Will have to have a look; cheers.
Enjoy the Big Day; I'm 31 and my friends and siblings have been starting to tie the knot over the last few years. I followed suit (pun intended) last year.

Semogue Owners Club 2 Band Badger
Calani Dubai Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Weber DLC Bulldog
Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue SP
Penhaligon's Endymion Aftershave Balm

Back
Top Bottom