S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 3rd - Friday 9th August 2013

20130808.jpg

No trekking today. Kids need having fun.

10 minute shower
FS silvertip
QCS Vostok cream
DE89
Personna blue (1)
WTG/XTG/XTG other way (both XTG were ATG on the throat)
Alum
Proraso splash

A very nice, comfortable shave with only very minor background sting from the alum, instantly blitzed-away by a splash of cold water after the Vostok!
Found the Vostok quite hard work with the brush as the FS has very little backbone & I face lather. Had to double-dip which I never do with TOBS or T&H creams.

Todays Shave

6ro9.jpg

NOS 1953 Rolls Razor Viscount model
NSS Sandalwood
Kent BK4 Brush
Old Spice Champion aftershave splash

Result BSS

I came to the conclusion that the 1951 Imperial Rolls tin was doing nothing to sharpen/hone the blades. So I cracked out the 1953 set thats never been used.

A gentleman got the razor in case of a Nuclear attack during the cold war, and assuming he was going to survive, the military instructed him to get some kit together as attack was thought to be likely any time soon .......... as you do!!!

Thankfully the twats stopped playing with fireworks that melt the paint on the side of your house.
Sadly when he died, his daughter all so fell on hard times, she lost her husband and son in a house fire and now had lost her dad, so she had to sell every thing to pay for 3 funerals.
so for the first outing of this razor after quiet a lot of honing/stropping I have two shave ready blades.

the shave went well it was very pleasant I think the original instructions are a bit optimistic with the stropping times BS is more nearer the truth, the guard would help someone who isn't too savvy around a straight razor.

In England these were very popular my dad was thrilled to hold one after many years past.

barlines said:
Ratty said:
jds said:
Ratty said:
Face lathered for the first time with the 2 band Rubberset - lots of spine for the job - I get it now.

Brush Rubberset 400-3 2-Band

Ratty

Please stop posting with pictures of your Rubberset 400-3 Brushes. I am insanely jealous of both the brush and your refurbishment abilities. They are stunning looking.

Jon

John, I would like to sincerely apologise for any distress those Rubbersets may have caused - it was never my intention to tweak anyone's BAD gland.

Ratty (but that said..............)

Just for the avoidance of doubt - urges like this can cause covetousness, one of the original 7 deadly sins - and that would be a BAD thing

Ratty

You've introduced us to the Spec-Ops brush, whats you pet name for the blue one? I've got to say, its a brave man that take Dr Dulcamara on at his own game...

Well,
That is going to be my Everton themed one - Royal Blue, White O-Ring, White number '3' on the collar and lovely natural pure white horse hair knot.
If the price of the blanks drops in the future I've found a couple more metal finishing techniques I was unaware of before that could really take it up a notch or two. So the blue one has the code name 'Blue Nose'

Ratty

Evening, gents.

Thursday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Carbon (6)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Palmolive stick
A/S: Ice Dive
Cologne: Neroli's Port

Still getting good, easy shaves.

Arko with Trumpers Rose cream
Aristocrat with Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Turkish no. 6
T&H no. 10 balm

Small thing first. I'm starting to like the balm's smell a bit more. As you lovely, sophisticated people already know It smells like one of the Aqua di Parma range and the packaging colours and design are very similar. I liked the AdP smell it's probably based on more.
Had a great shave with this English open comb razor tonight. NY third with it and my first really good one. Chose a very protective soap, a sharp yet smooth blade and a flatter angle with a light touch on all passes. Ended up with bbs with a bit of 'heat' to the face. Not bad for the third try.

I wasn't going to have a shave today... but ... I changed my mind.

Soap: Cella
Brush: A limited edition Excelsior boar (TBS) #69
Face lathered - worked beautifully

Razor: The first use of this one. It is really a Dovo, but branded by "The Invisible Edge" as their product. Described by them as "Our ‘Classic' entry-level model - a fully hollow-ground 5/8 round point with satin finished blade - an ideal beginner's razor." Just £66 for a really good razor (including postage). I bought it thinking that I would try it, and if I liked it, I would make some interesting new scales for it. So... straight out of the box, and I didn't even strop it.... and yes. It really is truly shave ready as they claim. (Steve fettles all the razors that he sells so that they are ready to use... but I wanted to test him out to see if this one was too). Verdict: Brilliant! It just goes to show that you really CAN get a decent razor at a reasonable price. I was very surprised to feel a really great smooth shave after even the first pass. A little light touch up XTG and it was perfect.

And to finish: Dior Fahrenheit. I feel good, and I smell good

(The scuttle is there just for show. I didn't use it. A new Steve
Woodhead ceramic scuttle - the one with the outer shell to hold hot water).

20130808.jpg

Greetings

Friday 9th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Pearl OC
Blade: 7 O'Clock Yellow Pkt.
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Ultra close shave; early start this morning I am away for the weekend.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04519.JPG

Friday:

RSC cream
NF Tubby 2
ER Streamline
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos
Nivea Cool Kick ASB

Good shave, a bit of 'heat' on my cheeks following the shave. The Nivea balm helped to sort it out. RSC cream is great, I really should use it more.

Good morning Gentlemen,

-C.V. Heljestrand No 31, 5/8" (restored by UkRob)
-Simspons Commodore X3
-Mitchell's Wool Fat
-Proraso pre/post
-Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College

This is the period of the year that I am bored of the summer heat. Greek summer should be only for vacations! Walking in Athens with 40 degrees celcious, not to mention having to visit a construction sites.... I miss winter and I miss winter aftershave scents like Marlborough and Sandalwood!

Did I tell you that I am in love with this razor?

%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+SOTD-9-08-2013-1.JPG

FRIDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Mild
Brush: Semogue 1305
Shave soap: Klar Kabinett & Wilkie soap stick - suribachi lathered
After - Witch hazel, Bulldog balm

I think this blade is starting to dull as it's tugging a wee bit.

However, it's not cutting me or giving any irritation so I'll stick with it for a bit.

Ratty said:
Well,
That is going to be my Everton themed one - Royal Blue, White O-Ring, White number '3' on the collar and lovely natural pure white horse hair knot.
If the price of the blanks drops in the future I've found a couple more metal finishing techniques I was unaware of before that could really take it up a notch or two. So the blue one has the code name 'Blue Nose'

Ratty

I can't see the price of those brushes dropping anytime soon. I'm willing to bet there's plenty of us on here who want one (me included!)

I'm not sure my back can take any more monkeys.

Friday

A better end to the week :)

Prep
Hot shower
wash in sink
Lush Dirty shave cream application

Shave
Edwin Jagger Aloe shave soap
EJ DE89
Derby (3) for one WTG pass
Tesco Personna (1) 3 passes & touch up

Alum
Avon Extreme Balm
Moisturiser - Lush Cosmetic Lad

Best shave in 4 days.. lovely shave in fact. Near BBS. First pass a joke so swapped blades and started again.

Thursday evening

Prep : Clinique face soap and scruff
Razor : Ikon Deluxe
Blade : Super-max Stainless
Brush : Simpson Chubby 2
Soap : Proraso Green tub
Splash : Proraso

First shave with the Ikon and also the Chubby 2.

Initial thoughts, loved the Ikon - very nice smooth shave, but slightly disappointed with the Chubby 2 but may just need a few shaves to get it going.

We're house swaping on our holiday and besides a nice car we also got the housedog, great dog (boxer with something more, strong as an ox) and she follows me everywhere now (I take her on long walks every day). Anyhow, that's how I feel about Jabonmans soaps and Myrsols ASs, great products that's been following me every day since I got them :D. Razor: Alexander Coppel + Gem Micromatic for head and Rudy Veys brush had to work hard today with the Citricos soap.
[attachment=8185]

Dog
[attachment=8186]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376042454.039758.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376042454.039758.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376042488.638943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376042488.638943.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom