Shave
MenU Bristle Brush
Body Shop Macca Root Cream
EJ DE89
Derby blade (2)
3 pass WTG, XTG, ATG

Avon extreme balm
Moisturiser (Lush Cosmetic Lad)

Better than yesterday but still an highly irritating, poor shave. Alum stung badly, one more go for these blades and then it's something new if they don't get better.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic - Dorco Blade
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Proraso Green A/S
Surrati Tom Aoud

Great job

jds said:
Ratty said:
Face lathered for the first time with the 2 band Rubberset - lots of spine for the job - I get it now.

Brush Rubberset 400-3 2-Band

Ratty

Please stop posting with pictures of your Rubberset 400-3 Brushes. I am insanely jealous of both the brush and your refurbishment abilities. They are stunning looking.

Jon

John, I would like to sincerely apologise for any distress those Rubbersets may have caused - it was never my intention to tweak anyone's BAD gland.

Ratty (but that said..............)
[attachment=8182]

Just for the avoidance of doubt - urges like this can cause covetousness, one of the original 7 deadly sins - and that would be a BAD thing

Ratty

Attachments

• Furious Five.jpg
    Furious Five.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7648.JPG
    IMG_7648.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 17
THURSDAY MORNING

Am shaving every other day at the moment whilst I'm on holiday. Standards are slipping!!

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Mild
Brush: Semogue 1305
Shave soap: Klar Kabinett & Wilkie soap stick - suribachi lathered
After - Witch hazel, Wilkie balm

Another corking shave from the Plisskin.

Gillette Super-Speed
Polsilver Stainless (3)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre v1
Palmolive Classic stick
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Castile edt

Too much pressure really does bugger up the whole operation. Palmolive works well in this hard water. If I were to move down here I'd have to install a water softener.

Prep face wash L'Occitane cedarwood soap
Razor Feather DX - AC
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Rooney Heritage stubby 2
Cella crema da barba
Alum & Thayers rose & aloe toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de parfum

A great shave at every level, the Tom Ford is a sublime scent, and the Kiehl's aftershave balm works superbly, the Feather DX is one of those razors that I'm sure once you've mastered the technique this will be the razor you will probably judge all your other razors against, and the Rooney Heritage stubby 2 would be my number 1 Badger hair brush, the hair in this brush is amazing.​

3b970e20-939b-4715-b953-08669b3f0dc8_zpsd361011e.jpg

cV09hP4.jpg

MRGLO
Fatboy
7 O'Clock Yellow
Erasmic+Palmolive mix
Reddit Vie Long Brush
Bulldog Moisturiser

I'd never tried the 7 O'Clocks before, but while I was chuffed with them I wasn't blown away.

The brush is getting noticeably softer now as well.

Thursday 8th August

Prep: Hot shower, aloe Vera soap on beard.
Brush: Omega 31020.
Soap: Proraso white tub.
Razor: EJ89 Barley
Blade: Nacet (3)

Great shave. Really enjoyed the white proraso, it's my favourite so far. Need to test the green, red and white some more though to judge it fairly, but first use was very impressive. Nacet is an excellent blade, and I'm probably going to order some more as I have 20 but fancy a larger stock of these. Floid was as brilliant as ever, as was the EJ.

Happy-making shave :). Now work :(. Every silver lining has a cloud :(.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
Schick M type adjustable injector/Schick Chinese blade
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Wanted to revisit these currently made blades before shipping em off to another member for sampling, along with an adjustable. Been a few years since last using these blades and I couldn't remember how they performed. Surprisingly nice shave.....I can recommend this Chinese version as a good alternative to vintage blades and much easier to find.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday 8th August

SOTD8813_zps33d74041.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream bowl lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette 1950's flare tip rocket
Voskhod (1)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

An easy comfortable shave, the Voskhod and Rocket smooth. The Rocket another re plate job by Dave at Restored razors. It's come back looking like new considering there was 50% of the plating gone.

Brian

Ratty said:
jds said:
Ratty said:
Face lathered for the first time with the 2 band Rubberset - lots of spine for the job - I get it now.

Brush Rubberset 400-3 2-Band

Ratty

Please stop posting with pictures of your Rubberset 400-3 Brushes. I am insanely jealous of both the brush and your refurbishment abilities. They are stunning looking.

Jon

John, I would like to sincerely apologise for any distress those Rubbersets may have caused - it was never my intention to tweak anyone's BAD gland.

Ratty (but that said..............)

Just for the avoidance of doubt - urges like this can cause covetousness, one of the original 7 deadly sins - and that would be a BAD thing

Ratty

You've introduced us to the Spec-Ops brush, whats you pet name for the blue one? I've got to say, its a brave man that take Dr Dulcamara on at his own game...

Wednesday morning:

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Speick (grated)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum/Indian (2)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Thursday afternoon:

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MdC
Brush: Grosvenor handle w/ TGN 2-band badger knot
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum/Indian (3)
EdT: DR Harris Windsor

Simpson Rover Best
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Weber DLC Head
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth Handle
Iridium Super
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
Omega 10219, MWF
Feather AS-D2, Rapira SS
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

The AS-D2 performed very well today... almost as good as a shave with the Progress... heh! heh! First the angles "clicked", and now the angles are getting a bit intuitive.
Today's "Man of the Match", though, is the MWF... magnificent lather and works well with a boar brush... thinking I may start using my other Omega soon.

Ten minutes after the shave now and I'm left feeling very smooth and comfortable

Back
Top Bottom