Saturday 12th December to Friday 18th December 2020

So, verdict on the Cavendish?

You don't hang about do you? :LOL:

Okay so scent strength is medium... Smells great off the puck but I did find the scent sort of disappeared once lathered, maybe I just got used to it? Performance was superb, a very nice lather. Gave me a significant tingle on second and third passes :rolleyes: Will try it again and see how it goes, irritation can be funny IME it can be better or worse on subsequent uses.

So a mixed bag.

You don't hang about do you? :LOL:

Okay so scent strength is medium... Smells great off the puck but I did find the scent sort of disappeared once lathered, maybe I just got used to it? Performance was superb, a very nice lather. Gave me a significant tingle on second and third passes :rolleyes: Will try it again and see how it goes, irritation can be funny IME it can be better or worse on subsequent uses.

So a mixed bag.
No messing here!

Hopefully the irritation goes away. I love the PAA soaps. I find all of them medium scented.

Tuesday AM 2020-12-15
International Tea Day
bLB6ltc.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence oil/hydrosol
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson London Bridge (5)
Mennen Skin Bracer
oHfEj3p.jpg

Tuesday 15th December

ACtC-3cmY2qguHq639eNM3qlR0HPMN3RtQS7MG82SVfTPuURsiODJDDygQ4DNNrird-KWZiX6pikSiOHpow2kS24X7fNSrsMIt3IJuFyLfhj_3OxAp-bOKvJ5uRpezB2i4vlo4_4bOGTySeNlr-6K0TJqt4GDA=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Entergetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 English Rose & GanVillage Green 'Mystery' w/Banded Boar 22mm
Two pass (2 day) shave with Personna (Star Clone) & Lord Classic (1)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alum wash & Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave​

Superb shave with the Lord Classic in this Personna branded Tech clone. The blade is very smooth and in this razor simply feels like there's no blade in there. Contrary to logic with a mild razor and literally no blade gap, I got an exceptionally close shave.

Lovely!

Quality-wise it's DS-Z0. It is also a solid shaver. But it is not a dead-ringer of Muehle. R41 is a tad milder and less efficient. I'm still on the fence about which should go. They would work in tandem rather well actually: the first pass with Z0, the second and touch-ups with R41.
This must be the first time I've ever heard the R41 as ‘...less efficient.'

15/12/20

Razor: Henson Aluminium
Blade: King C. Gillette (3)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip 24mm
Soap: Wickham Gothic Revival
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20201215_191445.jpg

I love the smell of this soap. Excellent lather as well.

I'm going to try one of the new Minora blades in the Henson next. I can't say it's my favourite razor but it does deliver an excellent finish.

Back
Top Bottom