Scents with balls!

Two of the best are still available: JHL by Aramis and Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men. JHL is a cinnamon neutron bomb. Giorgio BHfM is a patchouli 'grenade' that will take out everyone within 10 yds. upon first whiff. These are true 'love 'em or loathe 'em' fragrances that leave no neutral opinions in their wake (which rivals that of a dreadnought!).

No mention of Paco Rabanne pour Homme?............ Been stinking work out all week with liberal doses from an atomiser I keep in my desk, filled with a good few mils of late eighties PR ........ I ride into work.... so there's no point in applying my personal stink until the leathers are off.

Except for today ........ today was 'Kouros Friday' ..... One of the cleaning girls said I smelled like I was "out on the sh*g" ..... Only partially true, of course ....... I wouldn't have ....... But the Kouros would if it thought it had a chance ......:D

There's also the Drakkar Noir if you want the nuclear option .......

I have vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and vintage Drakkar Noir Edt & AS. They are legendary. I have the first reform. version of Kouros which is very similar to the original vintage. I never took to Kouros that well as it smells like a civet cat that raped a beehive. :eek:

Tip: the modern versions of Worth Pour Homme smell a lot like vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme with the French version being the better of the two. The vintage version of Worth is spectacular. ;)

I must find a vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. I have read great things about it, but the offering that is in the smelly shops at the mo' is just ... well, meh? It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't throw the doors open and announce its presence. I've had it on and off "the list" so many times. Drakkar Noir is on the list. I'll impulse buy it one day, like I did with Azzaro Pour Homme. Lovely frag, that.

So, noted ... Worth Pour Homme.

Funny talk about Kouros. When I first tried it, it was a spritz in Boots. I had to get Mrs to drive home so I could hold my hand out of the window! I absolutely hated it! Something switched and I tried it again. I liked it. I bought in a vintage bottle and now love it! I have to meter it out, since it's vintage, but I do enjoy it when I wear it. It makes the cats perk their ears back, mind :D

In the interests of experimentation I've just stood outside, shower fresh (but smoking a finest Virginia), wearing a melange of scents to see what comes through. You might have some of these, but to the list I would add, in no particular order:
Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui - supposed to be a night fragrance but I've never much cared for convention
Nino Cerruti (original, discontinued - the odd sample sometimes available)
DR Harris Windsor - not sure of the projection but a favourite of mine, to the point that it is borderline drinkable
Knize Ten
Chanel Pour Monsieur

I might have another look in the cupboard tomorrow ...

Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui ... got this one, courtesy of a kind gent here. I like it. It's light to my nose, but yes, one for an evening out. Very nice. D&G The One, likewise.
Knize Ten ... on the list.
Chanel Pour Monsieur is one Mrs likes on me ... I wore Armani ADG for years but tried it again recently and it was just not right. Chanel Pour Monsieur is likely to be my light scent, if someone could stump up the readies for a birthday or something. Antaeus, too, if they're feeling evil :D

In the interests of experimentation I've just stood outside, shower fresh (but smoking a finest Virginia), wearing a melange of scents to see what comes through. You might have some of these, but to the list I would add, in no particular order:
Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui - supposed to be a night fragrance but I've never much cared for convention
Nino Cerruti (original, discontinued - the odd sample sometimes available)
DR Harris Windsor - not sure of the projection but a favourite of mine, to the point that it is borderline drinkable
Knize Ten
Chanel Pour Monsieur

I might have another look in the cupboard tomorrow ...

DR Harris Windsor is a great scent! :D

Back
Top Bottom