3P Preshave Cream
NSS Moroccan Sands Soap
Little Wren Bowl
SMF Classic 2007 Badger Brush
PAL Injectomatic Razor with a Personna Blade
Cyder Vinegar toner
L'Oreal Pure and Matte Moisturiser
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

This brush is certainly a very effective way to deplete soap stocks. It whipped up a very fragrant lather in my new Little Wren Bowl. The PAL Injectomatic gave a beautiful shave . 3 passes and a touchup to achieve a BBS shave

In Wales it is currently very wet and not very pleasant outside. Hope you all enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Last nights shave with the GEM G-bar on loan courtesy of @Blademonkey
I only started using GEM blades two months and apart from the Streamline (which was too aggressive) every other razor I've used has given me a stunning shave.
The G-Bar wasn't any different. I'd say it doesn't cut as close as the Micro-Matic Clog Pruf but what does....
View attachment 28674
A Gem Micromatic OC :)

Sunday 3rd SEptember

sotd 3rd Sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash
Razor: OneBlade Core V1
Blade: GEM PTFE (#5)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: La Toja Stick
AS: La Toja lotion

After finally getting around to a bit of restoration work on a Rolls Razor I picked up some time ago, I was going to shave with it today, but decided to go with the Core. I had a small knick on my upper lip where I sliced into a spot and it was not fully healed so decided something mild was in order, I had also read that a GEM made the Core even milder. I popped the spine off and made it into two shims to try in my 1912, the blade went in very easily as easy as a Feather blade would. Now after shaving I am wondering if not having clipped the corners off the blade meant it was not sitting at the correct angle as the razor seemed barely able to shave. The result was a pretty poor shave in terms of closeness, after three passes I decided to quit, it was a late shave anyway so I will get a proper shave tomorrow.

03 SEptember

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate **.
Blade - Persona PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 2).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol 'Plastic' Shave splash, followed by Myrsol Emulsion.

Second shave with the Supply SE - a DFS after 3 passes with touch-ups. The plate ** is a little on the mild side for my liking (YMMV), but still an excellent razor and a very enjoyable shave.

Happy SEptember all.

With best wishes,

Chris

Monday 4th SEptember

Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Proraso Sandalwood Soap
Turkish Copper Shave Bowl
Omega 10098 Boar Brush
Gem Featherweight with GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Naissance Aloe Vera Gel
Proraso Sandalwood AS
Molecule 04 Javanol EDP

First shave with the Gem Featherweight and I was impressed. Didn't feel as if it was doing much during the shave....but the results were excellent. The feel and result for me was akin to shaving with the Sabre. 3 passes for a BBS shave and no touchup required.

image.jpg 4th SEptember Monday

Razor....Gem Micromatic OC ( MMOC )
Blade...Gem Single Edge NOS freshly stropped
Soap....Klar Kabinett , sadly out of production
Brush....Cadman Bell TGN Silvertip

A wonderful shave from the MMOC and NOS blade. So close, so smooth and without irritation whatsoever. Just perfect, a great way to start the day :)

Have a happy Monday people.......:)

Back
Top Bottom