SEptember 2017

SEptember 2017 - day 5.

B4pNOah.jpg

ATT SE2.
Kai Captain Titan Mild (2).

J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo.
Scheermonnik "Delftse Donderslag".
Hawkins & Brimble ASB.

This razor is a bit aggressive - wish there was a milder blade for it ... ;)

Try a Proline-P

Wednesday 6th SEptember

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
Arko Stick
Zenith Boar Brush
Focus Dynamic SE
Alum Block and rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum

After yesterdays shave with the Cobra...the phrase 'From the sublime to the ridiculous' originally came to mind. I wanted to be minimalistic today as I have a package arriving today which should deliver a 'shaving experience' tomorrow, and I want something to shave. The results however were really very good! Two passes for a really nice DFS:)

Brian

image.jpg SEptember 6th Wednesday

Razor.....Blackland Sabre
Blade....PAL Super. carbon steel
Soap.... SV Felce Aromatica
Brush....Razorock Silvertip synth

A fantastic shave with the sabre paired with the Pal Super blade, I think this may be my best modern razor I own and I love it, not just because it's got killer looks but it shaves so well.
Skin as smooth as smooth can be with zero irritation , perfect! :)

Tomorrow another day and another razor......:)

I don't know why the shaving community are so down on the Focus! Maybe because it looks like toy compared to the shiny metal vintage razors. Just make sure that the blade is seated in correctly and you can zip around your face without even the slightest irritation or cuts for a close shave.

I don't know why the shaving community are so down on the Focus! Maybe because it looks like toy compared to the shiny metal vintage razors. Just make sure that the blade is seated in correctly and you can zip around your face without even the slightest irritation or cuts for a close shave.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega 11137
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem Blue Star

View attachment 28773

A great performance from the much maligned MMOC.
Do you realy think its " much maligned " ? A lovely example of one you have there. :)

Thanks.
I've seen it get a bit of bad press, mainly people calling it too aggressive. The closed comb 1924 offers a very similar shave imo, and the Streamline is the aggressive one in the family.
You will always get people who will say this and that about all sorts of razors but as fas as it being aggressive is I think down to the way people shave with it, a good blade and a light touch, as with all razors and I think it's a very useable razor and a very well mannered one. YMMV as always :)

Last edited:
You will always get people who will say this and that about all sorts of razors but as fas as it being agressive is I think down to the way people shave with it, a good blade and a light touch, as with all razors and I think it's a very useable razor and a very well mannered one. YMMV as always :)
+1
I find it very well balanced and efficient and took to it straight away.
The Streamline on the other hand, is a very compact heavyweight and took me a few shaves to master.

Back
Top Bottom