Shave den show-off (AKA: Bring out your stash!)

The next time SWMBO raises her eyes at me buying something new then I'll point her to this thread.

You're all insane:)

And I'm definitely not jealous.....nope, not one bit. On a totally unrelated note I may well go and have a look for an extra bathroom cabinet and an old test tube rack this weekend.

Trying to bring some structure and organization to my current mess.
It's a work in process, but I've decided that for now four of these shelves will do.
Need to move some stuff around and clear the fourth shelf for shaving stuff then I should be all sorted.

Sorry for crummy photos.

wkiyvb.jpg

This photo, especially, shows that I really need to tidy up the area and spread some of the stuff out to a fourth shelf.
24wargz.jpg

Hoping to have it more neatly laid out by this weekend :)

Burgundy said:

flip-68 said:
It's been a while since i posted this first so i've added a couple of brushes and razors since (and a/s and soaps!) but here is the bulk of my collection

2cpq4ok.jpg

Folks what are the razors that look like knive in these pictures ?
First pic = Gray and black handles on the front right had side by the gilette.
Second pic = Gray handle centre of the image bekkow the last brush with red handle.

They look like they may be easier to use than a shavette as there is no moving parts for me to mess with ! Also what sort of money are they ?

ATB

Matt

salop sniper said:
Burgundy said:

flip-68 said:
It's been a while since i posted this first so i've added a couple of brushes and razors since (and a/s and soaps!) but here is the bulk of my collection

2cpq4ok.jpg

Second pic = Gray handle centre of the image bekkow the last brush with red handle.

They look like they may be easier to use than a shavette as there is no moving parts for me to mess with ! Also what sort of money are they ?

ATB

Matt
Kamisori or kamisori style blades, more akin to a straight razor. Japanese blade usually japanese ground (one side sharpened) great shaver.

salop sniper said:
Burgundy said:

flip-68 said:

2cpq4ok.jpg

ATB

Matt
Feather Artist Club razors in a 'fixed', 'Japanese' or 'Kamisori' style. The two models in my pic are the SS (black) and RG (grey). I believe that flip-68 has the DX.

they are indeed very cool razors.

The feathers can be expensive unless you find one here on bst. The SS is the most reasonably priced. there is a korean version, the CJB i think? modelled on the feather design and considerably cheaper. There are thread discussing the merits of both if you hunt through the forum

In use, I actually preferred the CJB over the FEATHER Artist Club. For me, it came down to the comfort of the grip - on the FEATHER the round grip should, theoretically, have been better and given me very precise rolling finger tip control; on the CJB, the squared grip worked better for me.

Missing 2 razors; a CJB non folding razor from the U.S. and the folding Feather Artist AC SS that's doing the pass around.

Probably least favourite combo would be the Slim Twist, Maca Root and the TOBS pure badger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 78
Avnish! I had thought it must be a newbie to revive this thread.

And don't my shelves on Page 3 look bare compared to now! Hm! including some shelves that didn't exist back then.

Back
Top Bottom