Shave of the day Saturday 9th Sept - Friday 15th Sept 2017

It's actually really dark green with a matte head....it appears that I was mis sold and rather foolish on my part. I do however like how it looks and ....it does shave well, Just means I am on the lookout for a G-Bar to add to my collection!
It looks fab, I prefer it to my cream handled lightweight . Want to swap? :)

Polar opposites, the aggressive Jaws/Mastiff Frankrenrazor and the mild postwar Tech with the Star handle. Beard with Senator Franken, smooth and super close as expected with the Tian Li. I usually shim the Tech and Star for my head shaves but went bareback this morning. The Tech with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium got me almost there, near BBS in my expected two passes but I just couldn't find an angle to get some of the stubborn stubble. I finished with Franken which picked up more than I thought was there. Unshimmed I find this Tech effective but a not very enjoyable shave, too little feel and feedback.
6e0f752f6b2bb4c39e84a129cb2b95d9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD: 110917
SOTD 110917 3.jpg

Pre shave: Charcoal face wash and hot towel.
Blade: Feather #2
Razor: The General (On Loan)
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Brush: Maseto 30mm Silvertip
Soap: Scheermonnik (passaround)
EDT: L'Occitaine Cade

My second use of the general and I must say a much better 3 pass shave was had. After a few touch-ups I was BBS.
This razor certainly can mow down the grass but I think it is too weighty for me and I still have concern over how slippery the handle is.

First use of the soap and I am extremely pleased with the cushion and slickness of this soap but I am not sure if the scent is for me. I want to give it another go to decide. (Great for Christmas perhaps.)
One other thing to mention is you certainly don't need a lot. I used far too much for this shave.

The brush is letting me down in that it is shedding really badly. I thought I would give it a chance and have had at least 8 shaves from it but shedding is still prolific.

Finishing with the aloe and the L'Occitaine Cade EDT which seems to go very well with the soap.

Enjoy your shaves.
Wayne :)

Back
Top Bottom