Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Cella Crema Da Barba.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Astra SP (2).
Old Spice Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

Cella really is a lovely soap. It consistently produces such a wonderfully creamy, cushioning and slick lather. Great stuff. Paired with the smooth operating 6C the result was a BBS shave in 3 delicious passes. That was good!

Whimsy;

IMG_5148.jpg

Rocket : Voskhod : RR BC : OSP

Decided to have a quick, rather pointless touch up. I didn't really need to shave but I really wanted to! OSP Bay Rum and this brush go hand in hand. Great lather, quick one pass and touch-ups. Done. Meißner Tremonia Bay Rum splash to get a bit of burn, however with no bite and I'm done. Mischief managed.

Who's next?

11/9/17

Razor - Gillette Old Type

Second time using a Old Type OC and I'm not quite getting the right angle for the razor with a bit of a irritation on my neck as a consequence.

Hi there,

Personally, I don't screw around with them Old Types of any kind....earlier or later cap versions included. Older first generation ones like with those first attempt tries have tiny little bloodsucking vampire teeth that were tweaked many times over the years with models like the New and New Improved designs.

One thing you might try is using a non stock handle to improve how the razor feels in your hand. Or, just forget about any future aggravation and sell it to someone who likes a lot of bite.

Possibly it's not all your fault regarding a less than wonderful result.

Martin

Last edited:
Hi there,

Personally, I don't screw around with them Old Types of any kind....earlier or later cap versions included. Older first generation ones like with those early tries have tiny little bloodsucking vampire teeth that were tweaked many times over the years with models like the New and New Improved designs.

My neck has truly been bitten by those tiny little teeth, it might be the most boring vampire attack imaginable.

I think I'll give the razor a few more attempts, using a different handle is something I will use next time - cheers for the suggestion.

I love Scandinavian Noir :)

Hi there,

Got a short 14 minute flick made in Svenskaland and black and white format.

Done in that famous Swedish director guy style using an unfortunately non English speaking cast with no subtitles. Still, it's possible sometimes to kinda understand what's being said. Made in 1968 and you'll see it's pretty grainy.

Oh wait, this version does have the translation....whew.

Razor: Alumigoose w/ iKon Bamboo Handle
Blade: KAI Captain Titan (4)
Brush: DFS LE Nathan Clark Envy White Handle Aluminum Color, Anodized Dark Bronze. #41/150
Soap: Reef Point Soap Admiralty
A/S: Lucky Tiger, Old Spice
Decanter: Old Spice Ship's Telegraph 1983-1986 ID #3628
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery Starry Night Dottie

View attachment 28950
That's got to be the best decanter yet! Keep them coming :)

Back
Top Bottom