Shaving Acquisitions April

I wish I'd bought one. I'm daft. Tell me the 3one6 is too aggressive and make me feel better.
I've been with that site for about three years, and there's not been a deal like that before - probably not again either.
It's usually 10% off the site or 20% off one brand.
I've being umming and ahhing about a 3One6 for a while. That was too good to miss.

It'll have its first run out on Saturday and I'll probably do a little review after it's 2nd, on Sunday.

AMWts8Co8Z2qe473N0Fv4m4GQufF6uygQYNPwYq21DhCZsXmuf68aMJKSfWR_6bGo9R3gdeNCHh7f5GrU7d6wnyTdZwKF9bj66gCFr4O-ysZNlUkAnZMT6Xjr0pDr0U9sSTZbKXCj2XhhTyd0ZVq24USpNl1yQ=w1200

Another ASR double edge razor.

Gold washed with the wash intact on the head. Very happy. This joins an identical razor under the Star brand in the same getup, just in a black sliding box.

eBay @Ebberman

I have a few others: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/asr-double-edge-razor-weights.57595/

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 15.04.17 pm.png
Lifted from Waits.

In 1948, Treet merged with American Safety Razor Corporation. Treet Corporation (Pakistan) formed in 1952 (website ... although Wiki says 1956). The logo used by both the original American company and the Pakistani company is the same. Treet continues as a brand in America, distinct from the Pakistani company - you can find carbon steel single edge blades for GEM type blades under the Treet brand made in American < someone correct me if the "made in" bit is wrong.

Meanwhile, Treet Corporation (Pakistan) are best known amongst us traditional shavers for producing double-edge blades and continue to produce high quality carbon steel blades. Fun that the seller popped one such blade into the case. I put the full pack in.

Same logo.

Does anyone know how both companies come to use the same logo?

This razor was most likely from some time in the 1950s. The same format was sold under all manner of branding under the ASR umbrella - Star, Treet, PAL & Personna. I don't know when some of those brands might have spun off, if at all, but Treet was distinctly American (and part of ASR) for many years after Treet (Pakistan) formed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom