Single edge cool wall

A few additions to the SE wall as I find them to be rather cool as well ;)

The STAR Lather Catcher
t89ti0.jpg

6ittaa.jpg

The Durham 300
j5c86t.jpg

Le Touriste
2z4eiix.jpg

The GEM Damaskeene - OC model
2hevwqx.jpg

2cf2onm.jpg

View attachment 22127 Just got this in today and started the cleaning process. Got to admit that this is the first razor where I actually had to read the instructions to figure out.

DSC_0177_zpschxitpo3.jpg

DSC_0177_zpseorrcvse.jpg

DSC_0180_zpsqq1qbvym.jpg

I Used this SE Some Time Ago..These Blades were Not Designed to be Honed..They Came Shave Ready from the Factory & were Designed to be Stropped & Refreshed on Pastes & when that Stopped Working they were Disposable..:eek:

That Said..They Can be Honed with One Layer of Cello Tape or No Tape..Not Electrical Tape..They Require a Gentle Touch Whilst Honing them or the Bevel is Easily Destroyed..If You Don't have Good Honing Skills I Would Suggest Sending them to Someone that Does..;)

Also the Auto Strop Uses Far Too Much Pressure & the Strops Tend to be Pish Quality..Better to Strop them Free Hand with One Layer of Cello Tape with Wings at the Side to Flip it Over on a Normal Strop..That's About it..:)

Billy

DSC_0177_zpschxitpo3.jpg

DSC_0177_zpseorrcvse.jpg

DSC_0180_zpsqq1qbvym.jpg

I Used this SE Some Time Ago..These Blades were Not Designed to be Honed..They Came Shave Ready from the Factory & were Designed to be Stropped & Refreshed on Pastes & when that Stopped Working they were Disposable..:eek:

That Said..They Can be Honed with One Layer of Cello Tape or No Tape..Not Electrical Tape..They Require a Gentle Touch Whilst Honing them or the Bevel is Easily Destroyed..If You Don't have Good Honing Skills I Would Suggest Sending them to Someone that Does..;)

Also the Auto Strop Uses Far Too Much Pressure & the Strops Tend to be Pish Quality..Better to Strop them Free Hand with One Layer of Cello Tape with Wings at the Side to Flip it Over on a Normal Strop..That's About it..:)

Billy
Looks like so bad ass steampunk razor that you could take tattoos off with!! :)

Looks like so bad ass steampunk razor that you could take tattoos off with!! :)
The Wilkinson is a Fairly Aggressive Shaver..It Has an Adjustable Feature & its Very Subtle to Use..It Does a Good Job Tho..There is also a Bit of a Learning Curve in Learning to Use a Hollow Ground Blade SE..They are Different Animals to Factory Blade SEs..They are as Good as the Guy that's Honed the Blade..;)

Billy

The Wilkinson is a Fairly Aggressive Shaver..It Has an Adjustable Feature & its Very Subtle to Use..It Does a Good Job Tho..There is also a Bit of a Learning Curve in Learning to Use a Hollow Ground Blade SE..They are Different Animals to Factory Blade SEs..They are as Good as the Guy that's Honed the Blade..;)

Billy
As with all honed blades, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom