Single edge cool wall

Is there some sort of jig you can use like it was a wood plain blade? Something to hold at the right angle while you hone them? :)
I Hone SE Hollow Ground Blades Flat on the Hone with One Layer of Tape the Same as an SR..The Wilkinson Blade I Would Use Cello Tape Instead of Electrical Tape because of the Very Unusual Size..These Ones are Petite & Tiny..:)

Billy

Got you, too small , petite and tiny....that's proper mini! :)
One thing is For Sure..These Wilkinson SEs are a Wonder of State of the Art Engineering Man..The Design is So Complex, Exacting & Precise..The Metal is Like a Panzer Tank..The Skills to Make these..Also..They were Clearly Aimed at the High End Market..Hell..There Woudnt have been Many that Could have Afforded a Disposable Hollow Ground Blade SE..o_O

Auto Strop Design's in General were a Bit of a Gimmick in My Books..But..They Would have Attracted the Folks with a Bit of Spare Cash to Spend Due to their Relative Ease of Use..They are Also a thing of Beauty all in One Packege..Still..Not for the Fainthearted these Wilkinson SEs..:D

Billy

Not pretty, but here it is:

View attachment 22153 View attachment 22154
Have fun.
Thanks a lot.
After a bit of fiddling:
Instructions.jpg

Now I have to remember where the razor is :D:D
... and see if I can find a patent for it...

Last edited:
After my initial honing, I test shaved one area on my face and decided I needed to pull out the stones. Second attempt was better (at least it cut something that didn't bleed, but that one spot on my cheek now feels like someone lit a match to it. Will probably do some heavy stropping tonight and use some extra slick shaving soap.

Just noticed this thread...here's my tuppence worth:
View attachment 22476
Top to bottom:
Schick 'Golden 500' J3 Hydromagic (U.S)
Gem Flat Heavy Top, a.k.a. the 'G-Bar' (U.S.)
Schick Injector E3 1936-45 (U.S.)
Schick Injector G8 1945-50s (U.S.)
Ever Ready Chrome Plated 1912 (England)
Ever Ready 1912 1930s/40s (U.S.)
Ever Ready 1912 1930s/40s (England)
Got to love the Schicks especaly the E3 & G8 sweet!

Got this in yesterday's mail and first shave tonight. Used a Gem Carbon blade as I was too lazy to strop my Kampfe wedge. The razor did not come with blades. Immediately became my favorite Gem type shaver.

DSC01255a.jpg DSC01259a.jpg DSC01260a.JPG

Back
Top Bottom