Six Nations rugby Friday anyone?

Can't wait for Friday 8pm kick off at the mellennium stadium Wales name their team two days early I think everyone in Wales could have picked that team looks like a pretty phyisical 15 backs as big as forwards there's going to be some huge collisions one amazing atmosphere there I'm buzzing already.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/six-nations-2015-wales-name-8561364

I'll be watching at home.

I'd like to watch in a pub for the atmos
but my local is a bog standard East End boozer
where if its a football match , even a mid March, mid table
nothing match, everything has to take a back seat.
Anyone who says they aren't really bothered about football
gets looked at like they're possibly alien, probably gay and
definitely weird.

On top of that, it doesn't matter whether The England team
is playing as the timings interfere with the Lithuanian disco.

Its better during the weekend day matches as they will
grudgingly allow us (and this included English rugby supporters BTW)
to use the 3rd TV, the one in the back.

God help that something might disturb the tension of
a WBA vs Portsmouth 0-0 thriller, and if you suggest
something else then your are a queer-o-sexual.

May we take it that you're homophobic, gazza? It's a long, long time since I heard your sort of gay-bashing and find it even more offensive than of yore.

Oh! it's not you - it's the other people in the pub! But you wrote the post.

I really can't make up my mind as to how the game will go - I can't see an England win because so many first choice players are not available - and I don't think Wales will steamroller then as they did two years ago.

I expect England to kick a great deal and, importantly, the referee is much more to their liking than the New Zealand peacock. Wales to win by a narrow margin, but talk it up as if it was the world cup final.

Importantly, if Wales do win, I don't think it will have too much bearing on the world cup group. How's that for having your cake and eating it.

Looking forward to the 6 nations - although I'm not sure why as I'm Scottish!
Was at the Millenium 3 years ago and have never experienced anything like it atmosphere wise - the Welsh national anthem makes the hairs on your neck stand up!
As ever, it's ABE - Anyone But England for me, I think that Vern Cotter might get us playing better if not well and we might win a couple of games. Given England's poor showing in the Autumn internationals - I'd hope for a revival so that they can collapse in the World Cup again.
A few laughs and a few beers - always good.

Bechet45 said:
May we take it that you're homophobic, gazza? It's a long, long time since I heard your sort of gay-bashing and find it even more offensive than of yore.

Oh! it's not you - it's the other people in the pub! But you wrote the post.
Don't include me with your assumption. Hardly gay bashing, maybe some of the terms could be classed as non PC, but gay bashing?!

Och, leave Carl alone. He gets grumpy if he doesn't poke anyone with his stick(s) every now and then. Given that they are probably expensive handmade sticks, I fully understand why he likes to use them for purposes other than an as a mobility aid. Besides, he does like his Rugby. You know, yon game with the funny shaped ball.

Wales to win it, France to beat those they shouldn't and get beat by those they should, Scotland to fail heroically, Italy to be the sixth nation, Ireland to do a France and England I just do not know. I shall qualify such acute, in-depth analysis by stating that I know slightly less than buggerall about Rugby apart from the fact that I allegedly played it at school. Played at it more like. Used to love tackling the big slow buggers and hated the wee, fast, squirmy backs that dodged past me which was fairly easy given that my brain was still processing why I was allowed to pick the ball up instead of kicking it about.

Here's a interesting article by Shaun Edwards who recons barring three players he thinks it's probaly Englands best team?
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/six-nations-2015-wales-defence-8587415

I've just been listening to Adam Jones on the radio
saying he thinks the Welsh press have been writing England
off too cheaply.

I'd love to be in Cardiff today.

I'm not sure of the value of the Friday night games to anyone but
the broadcasters but I used to love being in Queen St and Westgate St
on a big international Saturday.

always wondered where the French bought the live chickens from
or if the smuggled them through the Chunnel.

England's pack is missing too many of its best players - Corbisiero, Lawes Launchbury, Parling, Wood, Armitage, Morgan - for one reason or another. Good to see Dan Cole back but he is not match ready. That said - it's still a decent eight and will be competitive.

Back line is also good and if George Ford can get them moving they could go well. Plenty of gas, and some guile. Problem is they haven't really played together in the heat of battle. Hopefully Mike Brown's form will have recovered to somewhere close to last year.

I think Wales will win but England will be competitive. Be good to see how Danny C gets on if he makes it to the pitch. He could be the X-Factor that could bring the best out in England.

Anyway a nice bottle of Pinot Noir is ready and waiting....

Jon

Back
Top Bottom