Six Nations rugby Friday anyone?

antdad said:
Scotland Wales is a really good game...Davis (commentator) is such a biased twat sometimes, of course Davis (player) shoulda been yellowed for challenging while the player is in the air.
Cracking first half, really enjoyable.

Second half wasn't particularly high quality, IMO. Plenty of controversy and room for heated debate for those in the pub with a pint or three inside them to assist, but a lousy referee (he missed at least 2 obvious high tackles, one of which prevented a try, aside from the fuck-up with the "shall we, shan't we?" restart), plus seemingly innumerable penalties made the second half frustrating for the neutral. Scotland seem to have reverted to their default short single pass game, but, despite this, had several try-scoring opportunities, most of which they squandered thanks to awful decision-making within the 22. Unless the Calcutta Cup match is held in bad weather (in the manner of 1999, IIRC), I can't see England, or Ireland for that matter, having much difficulty beating either of today's sides.

Yes, the 2nd half wasn't as good but it did have a few moments of excitement. The Scots can be frustrating at times, so un-polished in their execution, but they are brimming with potential.

The disallowed try for Scotland was the single biggest cluster... it wasn't knocked forwarded and the ref should have at least went to the TMO.

jb74 said:
Yes, the 2nd half wasn't as good but it did have a few moments of excitement. The Scots can be frustrating at times, so un-polished in their execution, but they are brimming with potential.

The disallowed try for Scotland was the single biggest cluster... it wasn't knocked forwarded and the ref should have at least went to the TMO.

If I was a Scotland supporter I doubt I'd have any hair left after that second half. Referee was almost as lousy as Steve Walsh, IMO, and that's saying something!

Yes the referee was poor should sin binned quite a few more Scottish players especially after conceding 17 penalties they got away with murder at the breakdown, the scoreline totally flattered Scotland, wish we had the same ref that ref the England game If he can award Billy Vunipola that try then god help.

Rose tinted like the Brian O'Driscoll I should have been picked for the Lions Rose tinted suppose. 17 penalties say it all, I've never seen a International game of Rugby where any team can be penalized 17 times and not have players sent to the sin bin for the same offence at the ruck and breakdown this is possibly a new record.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Rose tinted like the Brian O'Driscoll I should have been picked for the Lions Rose tinted suppose. 17 penalties say it all, I've never seen a International game of Rugby where any team can be penalized 17 times and not have players sent to the sin bin for the same offence at the ruck and breakdown this is possibly a new record.

Unfortunately you didn't pick the Lions... maybe in your dreams you did ;-)

pugh-the-special-one said:
Lets hope we have a referee that allows Wales to commit 17 penalties against Ireland when they come to Cardiff and not get a player sent to the bin would be very nice

I don't think it would matter anyway... anything other than a Wales win and you'll look for excuses to moan about, just like last year when Ireland were too boring for your liking.

BTW. According to BBC

Penalties conceded ->

Scotland 13
Wales 17

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/31428753

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/match_centre.php?section=stats&fixid=183803

We have sent many a Irish team back to Ireland with their tails between their legs how many Grand slams is it for Ireland in a 100 years now 2 in 100 years Wales have won the tournament 26 times the same as England quite an achievment for a country with only 3 million people It's nice for the little boys in the Emerald Isle to be living the dream I suppose even if it's only twice every hundred years :) you remind me of half of the Irish side of my family and why we don't not tend to invite them to family get togethers and weddings or Rugby matches, I'm rather glad that they stayed in Cork.

I'd like to think that, for the most part, we can take defeat with pride and honour and don't go desperately scraping into a bag of bullshít excuses like you. You're probably a poor representation of a Wales supporter as any I've ever met would be honourable in defeat and humble in victory.

I'd stop trying to change the subject and focus on the fact that your quotes regarding the penalty count are incorrect. You've presented an argument here based on factually incorrect information.

Back
Top Bottom