Six Nations rugby Friday anyone?

Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Well that was unexpected!

Not at all interested in Rugby, but good to see your name pop up mate. My old PE teacher, Mr Williams put me right off rugby at around 13 years old.

Cheers NS. Haven't really felt that I had much to contribute recently, plus my favourites were lost after a computer upgrade, and the recent wintry weather has seen me frequenting the weather forum on which I'm a member.

chrisbell said:
Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:
Well that was unexpected!

Not at all interested in Rugby, but good to see your name pop up mate. My old PE teacher, Mr Williams put me right off rugby at around 13 years old.

Cheers NS. Haven't really felt that I had much to contribute recently, plus my favourites were lost after a computer upgrade, and the recent wintry weather has seen me frequenting the weather forum on which I'm a member.

Oh dear, upgrades are like that. Weather down this corner of the world hadn't been too bad, cold, but no white stuff. But yes good to see you around and hopefully it finds you well.

Well done England Shaun Edwards not far wrong what he said barring three players the team looks like Englands best team, I thought Ford and Youngs were an excellent halfback parring can't see Farrell ever getting his spot back personally.

Was surprised and delighted. England performed well adjusted when required, upped the pace didn't panic when they went down.

Wish there wasn't such pyrotechnics before the game... please could we limit it to something that doesn't resemble WWE?

I'm going to make a (possibly unwise) prediction - I think France are going to win the tournament. To me they played pretty well on Saturday evening, though I'd like to think that England and possibly Ireland can beat them, so I want to be proved incorrect!

chrisbell said:
I'm going to make a (possibly unwise) prediction - I think France are going to win the tournament. To me they played pretty well on Saturday evening, though I'd like to think that England and possibly Ireland can beat them, so I want to be proved incorrect!

Strange how opinions differ - I thought they were lumbering and without much flair and imagination. Scotland could have won if they had managed to keep their composure a bit better.

France seem to be suffering from the numbers of foreign imports playing in their top tier - I will make an equally unwise prediction Chris - that they finish with only Italy below them.

I've always like France and the way that they can throw the ball and run as opposed to a tactical kicking game. However, how many knock ons and fumbles were there in the final 5 yards against Scotland.

Not sure who'd I put my money on to win, did think maybe Wales..

UKRob said:
chrisbell said:

Strange how opinions differ - I thought they were lumbering and without much flair and imagination. Scotland could have won if they had managed to keep their composure a bit better.

France seem to be suffering from the numbers of foreign imports playing in their top tier - I will make an equally unwise prediction Chris - that they finish with only Italy below them.

I agree that they weren't the finished article, but I've seen them show flashes of genius interspersed with errors in the first match of the Six Nations, only to emerge in the second and subsequent matches playing top-class rugby.

I'm starting to wonder if scrum caps needs to be made mandatory for all players. Just over the past 2 weekends, the amount of severe blows to the head has been very high.

I'm afraid scrum caps won't protect the head from concussive blows like that experienced by Brown yesterday, they'll only protect the head from superficial cuts and abrasions.

Yeah, unfortunately that is true but I'm thinking anything might be better than nothing, even if something could be done to lessen the impact.

The way things are going, some of these guys could end up with headaches & blurred vision for the rest of their lives... and that's only the least of my worries.

Edit. Any idea what Peter Cech wears following his accident a few years ago?

Scotland Wales is a really good game...Davis (commentator) is such a biased twat sometimes, of course Davis (player) shoulda been yellowed for challenging while the player is in the air.

Back
Top Bottom