Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

Seen this on another forum and was hoping to re-create it here. It seems a lot of members have an excess of soaps, to the extent that each has single use or a few uses sparsely throughout the year. Many say that you need to use the soap several times consecutively to fully appreciate the product.

So in essence I was thinking to try a soap each week and hopefully have members join in and provide their findings/opinions.

Starting tomorrow morning I will be using Speick soap, please join me in finding the best soap!

It's a good idea. There are a plethora of these types of threads on other forums (2016 seems to be The Year of Restraint) but hopefully this will engender some interesting insights and discussion.

I'm working on a bowl of Tabac, which I'll use until it finishes. Not quite the parameters of this thread but in the same spirit. For context, I've PIFed and sold several kilos worth of soap in 2014 and 2015 and have got to the point of only having two (ish) years of 'stock', which I feel much better about.

It's a good idea. There are a plethora of these types of threads on other forums (2016 seems to be The Year of Restraint) but hopefully this will engender some interesting insights and discussion.

I'm working on a bowl of Tabac, which I'll use until it finishes. Not quite the parameters of this thread but in the same spirit. For context, I've PIFed and sold several kilos worth of soap in 2014 and 2015 and have got to the point of only having two (ish) years of 'stock', which I feel much better about.
I'm hoping it receives some interest. Why not join for a week with Speick? Then return to the non eroding Tabac?

I'm hoping it receives some interest. Why not join for a week with Speick? Then return to the non eroding Tabac?
I can't - none in stock! I am a big fan of Speick's lineup though: cream, soap and aftershave are all excellent. Similar to La Toja in that respect.

I'll spend the week working on the last of my bottle of Speick ASL instead. ;)

I think this is a good idea.
Probably because I am a relative newcomer, I don't rotate soaps. I tend to use one for a period of time to get the hang of it.
It definitely works for me.
I am currently using P&B's sample.
Having said that, I am trying out a few soaps that I think sting slightly so that I can weed them out.
I think that I was blaming blade or technique before.
So today, I shall be mostly testing another Wickhams which I am slightly suspicious of.

I can't - none in stock! I am a big fan of Speick's lineup though: cream, soap and aftershave are all excellent. Similar to La Toja in that respect.

I'll spend the week working on the last of my bottle of Speick ASL instead. ;)
PM me your address and I'll send you some if you like?

I think this is a good idea.
Probably because I am a relative newcomer, I don't rotate soaps. I tend to use one for a period of time to get the hang of it.
It definitely works for me.
I am currently using P&B's sample.
Having said that, I am trying out a few soaps that I think sting slightly so that I can weed them out.
I think that I was blaming blade or technique before.
So today, I shall be mostly testing another Wickhams which I am slightly suspicious of.
Speick has excellent skin conditioning properties IMO emanating from the herbaceous Speick itself.

Ah, I see, sorry, slightly misunderstood.
You mean pick a soap for the week and lots of people use the same one and review it?
That is a great idea.
People can jump in as and when they have that soap. Very good.
So, you title it 'SOW - Speick' Type thing.
Do I understand correctly now?

Ah, I see, sorry, slightly misunderstood.
You mean pick a soap for the week and lots of people use the same one and review it?
That is a great idea.
People can jump in as and when they have that soap. Very good.
So, you title it 'SOW - Speick' Type thing.
Do I understand correctly now?
Hiya no problem, yes we pick one soap per week and review it. Jump in/out as you wish. 'SAW' is just an acronym for Soap A Week.

This week starting tomorrow will be Speick soap.

Ok, start Sunday. I have Speick Men soap and Speick Active AS. I think I'll do the same for AS as well and try and get those down a little.
The A/S is in my top 5 for skin conditioning, scent is pleasant but doesn't last being an a/s great stuff will be finishing mine off too I think.

Back
Top Bottom