Soap A Week Club (SAW)....voting for next week's soap

Alright then. I'm game. I already had an all Speick day today using the shaving cream. I might have an all Speick week.
One of the great things about Speick is how cheap the stuff is, if you buy it in Germany. The Speick Men shaving soap stick is €2.79 - that's just over two quid. The shaving cream is €2.95. Bargain.

Just to spice things up I've also sent a few emails out to vendors to see if we can get some sort of sponser to allow newer members to get samples at a discounted rate and then enabling more members to join in, will update as necessary.

Spoke with shave dash what is proposed is that we select 6-8 soaps and they will provide a 20% discount (UK only) so is anyone game? We can select 6 (EU based soaps) and use one per week? Or use up what we have?

Last edited:
Spoke with shave dash what is proposed is that we select 6-8 soaps and they will provide a 20% discount (UK only) so is anyone game? We can select 6 (EU based soaps) and use one per week? Or use up what we have?

Seems like a good idea to get half a dozen or so standard samples at a discounted rate, either that or allow a free for all as long as it's both used for a week and still readily obtainable.

If we prescribe a specific soap for a week then unless it's something very popular, then most people will be either left on the sidelines or have to buy specially which in my opinion defeats the object of the exercise. For example I've acquired 20 or soaps over the last 9 months, but will have to sit one out as I don't have any Spiek.

Last edited:
Yep a bit hit and miss but I'm sure members can jump in and out as they wish, also may provide insight into a soap being considered.

I've no Speick but when I see a thread with something I have I'll jump in. Good idea and it takes away the problem of having to choose for a week!

(2016 seems to be The Year of Restraint)
:D:D:D
It's the first week of January - Every year's the year of restraint during the first week of January:p

.. and I'm out. Disclaimer: I'm rubbish with hard soaps. Only Arko, De Vergulde Hand and (thankfully) Faena Mastic work for me. I had tried face lathering with the Speick stick a while ago, but wasn't impressed. So for today I grated the soap and pressed it into a little bowl. The lather I got looked promising, but lacked any slickness or cushion. So after one pass I discarded the lather and used the Speick shaving cream instead. Wonderful lather and also a much better/stronger scent than the soap. I don't think I want to struggle with the soap all week. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe.

So after
- shower with Speick Men shower gel
- shave with Speick Men shaving cream / Omega Hi-Brush/ Schick Adjustable with NOS Twin blade (4)
- Speick Men ASL
- Speick Men ASB
- Speick Natural Deodorant Spray
- Speick Men EdT
I'm feeling all speicked up and ready for the day.

Good idea Nishy but I don't think I will participate that regularly as I really don't want to buy many more soaps. I suspect that this will also be the opinion of a few other members.

I have a couple of suggestions though if you would indulge me?

If samples like you suggested are a viable alternative could we maybe look at supporting our UK artisans? I know Sharon is a regular here - Nanny's Silly Soaps, the other usernames escape me now but OSP and the upcoming Phoenix and Beau off of the top of my head.

Good idea Nishy but I don't think I will participate that regularly as I really don't want to buy many more soaps. I suspect that this will also be the opinion of a few other members.

I have a couple of suggestions though if you would indulge me?

If samples like you suggested are a viable alternative could we maybe look at supporting our UK artisans? I know Sharon is a regular here - Nanny's Silly Soaps, the other usernames escape me now but OSP and the upcoming Phoenix and Beau off of the top of my head.
Hiya, thanks for the suggestion. Yes I would happily support our Artisans and happy to put TSR vendors first. Unfortunately going by responses to shavedash's offer I think were more geared towards using supplies we have. Any vendor that would luke to propose such an offer however, is free to make mention on this thread.

.. and I'm out. Disclaimer: I'm rubbish with hard soaps. Only Arko, De Vergulde Hand and (thankfully) Faena Mastic work for me. I had tried face lathering with the Speick stick a while ago, but wasn't impressed. So for today I grated the soap and pressed it into a little bowl. The lather I got looked promising, but lacked any slickness or cushion. So after one pass I discarded the lather and used the Speick shaving cream instead. Wonderful lather and also a much better/stronger scent than the soap. I don't think I want to struggle with the soap all week. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe.

So after
- shower with Speick Men shower gel
- shave with Speick Men shaving cream / Omega Hi-Brush/ Schick Adjustable with NOS Twin blade (4)
- Speick Men ASL
- Speick Men ASB
- Speick Natural Deodorant Spray
- Speick Men EdT
I'm feeling all speicked up and ready for the day.
Hey Andreas I have very few creams, mainly soaps, Speick has never failed me to be honest. I have both active and men. I will be using the Speick hand soap in the shower, shaving soap and a/s. Opinions to follow shortly!

Week 1: Speick soap

Description:

Speick Men Shaving Stick with relaxing Lavender oil naturally cares for your skin. A fragrant blend of essential oils and the harmonising extract of the organic, wild harvested Speick plant create a natural aromatic experience. Does not contain any artificial preservatives. Free of mineral oil-based ingredients. Foam using a moist shaving brush and then apply to your face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom