SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

I'm not sure I can help there, unfortunately. :( Tüff is a German Aftershave that can be hard to come by even in Germany - in some parts of the country (the east and apparently parts of the north) it's available in stores, but elsewhere you have to rely on online shops and not many of them seem to stock it. I got mine online, but the vendor doesn't ship international.

It's nothing too fancy, though. It has a medium spicy-citrussy scent ("herb" translates to "tart") and retails around three Euros a bottle.
My local hair and beauty/cosmetics shop sell this for around £4 - £6 a bottle, if you really want one PM me and I can send you a bottle

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
Tabac Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Merkur 37C.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of the BBA products thanks to the generosity of @Emma C. I will have to experiment a little with the oil to see if it makes a discernible difference to the glide of the shave. But the balm was fantastic! I have tended not to use balms because I don't much like the feel on my skin. But the BBA balm absorbed in to my face almost immediately and left my skin feeling noticeably more moisturised. A 3 pass shave for BBS. Not a hint of irritation, and my skin looks and feels great. Have a good weekend gents!

jugendstil-001-de9c553f-7c1a-461a-a4f5-524a7af3637b.jpg

Second shave with the Polsilver Super Iridium and I understand why so many people like this blade. Two passes gave me a great BBS. Still sharp but very smooth. I like the Polsiver more at its second use. Floid Blue let me leaving the bathroom well scented and I will give that blade a third try tomorrow.
If you like Polsilver Super Iridium you should try the Iridium Super's if you can get hold of any.... Very good indeed and dare I say better than the Polsilver SI's imo. :)

3 days running;

IMG_4944.jpg

Aluminium Tech was paired with a Gillette Nacet on its first outing to give a relatively good shave. It sure is a mild little razor, but maybe a tad too mild for my liking... The BBA stuff is great and did a great job. I find the face wash to smell a tad strange, personally, but it feels great!

It was a warm shave for a change and needless to say I'll probably not be going for that again. I don't know what it is about it, but it just doesn't feel as good.

I'm going to leave the shaving out 'til Monday I think to give my skin a chance to relax, not that I'm in any discomfort!

Onto the next one, chaps.

View attachment 27527 ~SOTD~ 29th July Saturday :)

Prep....shower ~ MWF soap
Razor....ER 1912 with SS Windrose handle (Z1.P)
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux
Brush ....Razorock synthetic silvertip
Soap....Stirling~Spice (Old Spice clone)
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....Stirling Spice aftershave splash, BBA PS Balm
Scent....Stirling Spice aftershave dabbed here and there.

What a wonderful shave I had this morning, everything was perfect.
The soap was wonderful and was very close indeed to the origanal Old Spice, the vintage razor and blade were made for eachother and worked very well indeed, a close smooth shave was had and left me smooth to the touch, a great blade in a great razor!
The Razorock brush ( acquired from @Oomer ,thanks mate) was as soft as soft can be but had enough back bone and had no trouble whipping up a fab lather from the Stirling Spice and the aftershave splash with its great Old Spice scent finnished of the shave perfectly.
Again a big thank you going out to @vassili for bringing my Stirling products to me yesterday ,THANK YOU! :) nice one J. Pop around for a coffee the next time your passing by, you are always welcome.

Wishing you all a fab Friday ........:)
You are most welcome looks great in your photo too.

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
Tabac Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Merkur 37C.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.
BBA Balm.

First use of the BBA products thanks to the generosity of @Emma C. I will have to experiment a little with the oil to see if it makes a discernible difference to the glide of the shave. But the balm was fantastic! I have tended not to use balms because I don't much like the feel on my skin. But the BBA balm absorbed in to my face almost immediately and left my skin feeling noticeably more moisturised. A 3 pass shave for BBS. Not a hint of irritation, and my skin looks and feels great. Have a good weekend gents!
+ 1 for the BBA PS Balm....Fantastic!

Saturday shave :)

Pre-shave - Hot shower, Aloe Vera soap, followed by warm water splash and Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 1).
Soap - OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by L'Occitane Cedrat After Shave Cream.
EDT - L'Occitane Eau de Cedrat Eau de Toilette.

@Blademonkey another update on the Rocnel GEM - have you got your hands on one yet?

An excellent shave, I think I am just about there with getting the right shaving angle with the Rocnel GEM. A 2 pass shave, no major issues - smallest of weepers with the second pass - gone post shave :) Noticed a slightest of scratches on my neck, post shave, possibly from the exposed element of the top of the GEM blade, which is folded over - this sits out, exposed, at the top of the razor - must watch out for that.

I have had a week shaving with the Rocnel - this time last week my skin was on fire after the second pass, also a degree of tightness. A week later no issues.

Off to the Gentleman's Groom Room in Dundee shortly. Going to pick up some Feather Light SE Blades.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom