SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

36242709795_fe5bd2307c.jpg

SOTD

Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap (courtesy of Rob @Blackmass)
Maseto Shaving 30mm 2-Band Finest
Paketa 5/8" SR
Splash of water post shave
Spritz of Collezione Icon EdT before going out.

Best shave I've had in a while and I put it down to the soap, gorgeous stuff... So big thanks to Rob for selling :D

Saturday 29th July 2017

29th July.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FAS Carbon (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Red
AS: Proraso Lotion Sandalwood

First try of a Feather FAS carbon steel blade in the OneBlade Core. How did it compare to a stainless steel Feather blade? Not that different for me, I will need a few more shaves to really compare but I would say the stainless blade is possibly a better blade. The shave was good but not as close as I have had with this razor and the stainless blades. It was smooth and it still feels like you could not cut yourself, no irritation either. If these blades were really cheap and readily available I would buy more, but I suspect I will stick with the stainless blades or possibly try de-spined GEM blades.

@sc0tt Hi hope this answers your question on the FAS blades, will let you know how it goes next time I try one.

Last edited:
20170729_121228-jpg.15429

Prep: Hot shower and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Razor blade: GEM Personna (2)
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Mystery Sample*

First outing of the Ever Ready 1912. Three passes, NO TOUCH-UPS, NO WEEPERS, NO TENDERNESS AND NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY!
Very smooth and very efficient.
@pjgh
@Looney12345

* @Acer89 very generously sent me 6 samples to try. Pot number 6 was intriguingly a mystery cream. I couldn't place the scent. Floral or root based maybe? I'm sure I'm way off base but it was nice.
I really rate the performance and the lather was very thick and protective.
20170729_124823-jpg.15433

And the mystery cream was....
https://www.superdrug.com/Mens/Shaving/Shaving-Foam-&-Gels/B-Men-Shave-Cream/p/540402

Cheers
Rob

SOTD_20170729-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Closed Comb - 0.68mm - 100mm Barber Pole
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - 28mm Whaler Two Band (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Cosmo - Beta 4.2
  • Alum: Kruidvat
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Cosmo - Balm

20170729_121228-jpg.15429

Prep: Hot shower and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Razor blade: GEM Personna (2)
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Mystery Sample*

First outing of the Ever Ready 1912. Three passes, NO TOUCH-UPS, NO WEEPERS, NO TENDERNESS AND NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY!
Very smooth and very efficient.
@pjgh
@Looney12345

* @Acer89 very generously sent me 6 samples to try. Pot number 6 was intriguingly a mystery cream. I couldn't place the scent. Floral or root based maybe? I'm sure I'm way off base but it was nice.
I really rate the performance and the lather was very thick and protective.
20170729_124823-jpg.15433

And the mystery cream was....
https://www.superdrug.com/Mens/Shaving/Shaving-Foam-&-Gels/B-Men-Shave-Cream/p/540402

Cheers
Rob
I am so pleased it is sounding as if you are liking the 1912 as much as me Rob and that lather is amazing, especially when you realise what product produced it.
The little wren must be my next visit. I love that bowl mate. :)

I am so pleased it is sounding as if you are liking the 1912 as much as me Rob and that lather is amazing, especially when you realise what product produced it.
The little wren must be my next visit. I love that bowl mate. :)

Thanks Wayne. The cream I can highly recommend.
The Little Wren Pottery bowl is now a very much treasured possession. £14.00 for a bespoke piece including delivery. What's not to love?

View attachment 27527 ~SOTD~ 29th July Saturday :)

Prep....shower ~ MWF soap
Razor....ER 1912 with SS Windrose handle (Z1.P)
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux
Brush ....Razorock synthetic silvertip
Soap....Stirling~Spice (Old Spice clone)
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....Stirling Spice aftershave splash, BBA PS Balm
Scent....Stirling Spice aftershave dabbed here and there.

What a wonderful shave I had this morning, everything was perfect.
The soap was wonderful and was very close indeed to the origanal Old Spice, the vintage razor and blade were made for eachother and worked very well indeed, a close smooth shave was had and left me smooth to the touch, a great blade in a great razor!
The Razorock brush ( acquired from @Oomer ,thanks mate) was as soft as soft can be but had enough back bone and had no trouble whipping up a fab lather from the Stirling Spice and the aftershave splash with its great Old Spice scent finnished of the shave perfectly.
Again a big thank you going out to @vassili for bringing my Stirling products to me yesterday ,THANK YOU! :) nice one J. Pop around for a coffee the next time your passing by, you are always welcome.

Wishing you all a fab Friday ........:)
Hi Paul,
Is that the 1912 from the Brilliant set ? Hope that if it is you can still fit the handle. I had plenty of basic 1912s you could have converted.

Set my heart racing a bit at the very thought of it.Will look out a 1914 for you.Been out today, to the coast.

Mike

Sat 29th July

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Bay Rum O/S Splash

Rather glad that my first Shaves with the Mongoose were with a Schick Proline fitted. Am now on my second shave with a Feather Pro Aboard, and feel quite confident using it with a more aggressive blade. I find that when using a new AC razor if I familiarise myself with it using a milder blade, the move to using it with a Pro is much easier.

Maybe my imagination but todays Shave, was not only very smooth but seemed to be quicker than when a Proline blade was fitted. Must get the Stop Watch out:) Am really liking this Razor, and hope to get a B3 Polished version. May have to sell a Streamline to keep Mrs Mike happy ;)

IMG_1440.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Is that the 1912 from the Brilliant set ? Hope that if it is you can still fit the handle. I had plenty of basic 1912s you could have converted.

Set my heart racing a bit at the very thought of it.Will look out a 1914 for you.Been out today, to the coast.

Mike
Ha, no it is not ! If you look on the single edge cool wall you will see that very razor....well before you sold me the Brilliant set! :)
I would not do that to such a nice set, that with a few others I have is a keeper in origanal condition :) calm down now.

Back
Top Bottom