SOTD: Saturday 11 February - Friday 17 February 2023

Wednesday 15th February
TNNSER 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Bay Rum - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
G9QHQSk.jpg

536E1F67-9783-45FA-887D-11A3024AA8E5.jpeg
EAE91EFD-CACE-41D2-9395-60AAA92BD75D.jpegSOTD: 14/02/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

A belated caravan post from yesterday, we decided to take the windowless caravan out and still get our holiday. My plexi glass bodge fix seems to be holding out thankfully!
A good if not great shave with the Era, I’ll drop it to plate three as five was a little too much today/yesterday.

View attachment 100649
View attachment 100652SOTD: 14/02/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

A belated caravan post from yesterday, we decided to take the windowless caravan out and still get our holiday. My plexi glass bodge fix seems to be holding out thankfully!
A good if not great shave with the Era, I’ll drop it to plate three as five was a little too much today/yesterday.
Fly spray at the ready, Lee !

15 February

Sterling Campania
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Mühle R41
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

3C1E65C1-B4FE-4F7F-ABAF-1B1A2A1A000F.jpeg
A third good shave with the R41. The Razorock UFO stainless steel handle has worked very well with this head, specifically not too heavy but plenty of grip. I really need to use this razor a bit more often.

15/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - NOS Schick Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 07 (5).JPG
Everything working very well giving me a very enjoyable shave.
A wonderful slick lather mixed up with the little Culmak Jr, then, 3 full passes with the Vintage razor and blade combo for a very comfortable, BBS finish.
Finishing with a bit of Floïd aftercare - lovely
I should really use some of my injectors more regularly.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
PXL_20230214_215553252~2.jpg
Fourth shave with the Uddeholm Permasharp and this time paired with the Yaqi. This razor suits this blade well; on the lowest setting I get a comfortable shave that's closer than my last few with this particular blade.

Sticking with the HWF as it's working well for me and may do the same with the razor and blade combo till the blade dies.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Permasharp Uddeholm Stainless (1959-1961)
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Proraso Azur Lime cologne https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63ece95fd581142156d56cbf

15/2/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Kent/MWF
Brush - ApSc 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Super Thin Platinum Vietnam (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

I'm not sure MIC Gillettes work for me, most of the ones I've tried have been good for a shave then degrade rapidly. Today's blade was ok, managed to see the shave through but it was past it's best.
Second shave with my SynBad, I'm beginning to see why this knot is highly rated. It's very easy to build a lather with, it doesn't flick water all over the place like some other knots, and it has a great flow through of lather. It's also incredibly efficient too. I loaded about the same I'd do for a similar sized boar which was clearly too much, and my lather was a bit heavier than I'd like it.
15th day using the Fat in a row and I'm still enjoying using it. My skin seems to be the best it has been in ages...
In other words...

ALL HAIL THE FAT.

IMG_20230215_163027.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230215_163027.jpg
    IMG_20230215_163027.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom