SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash
I can smell the scent from this soap better now. The lather qualities are really good...rich, creamy, and slick...nice!
Today's razor was nice enough in 3passes for a sas result. Nice matching aftershave...
20220614_094337.jpg

SOTD : 14th June 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Lime Burst.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D3)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdT.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

A wonderful performance from the Ever-Ready 1912.

The vintage Ever-Ready SE razors don't get the credit they so rightly deserve paired up with the Gem PTFE blade it mowed through my stubble with smooth efficiency.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 14-June
20220613_134311.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Good shave this morning, the feather mellowed out a little. Still prefer the GSBs but at least I know. First trial with The Essence Vault, thought I'd give them a bash. Smells nice enough, just have to see whether it lasts or not.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 89178

It’s rare these days, that I’m tempted to buy a new soap (I have far too many) but on seeing this one being used and described last week, I simply had to buy it; A&E's The Undersea.

The Undersea has a lovely fresh scent of Japanese grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, fresh osmanthus and “wonderful marine notes.” It’s the closest I’ve found to my favourite P&B Trafalgar, maybe sweeter and less marine. Nonetheless, the citrus scents, which are subtle, made this an instant favourite. With the Kaizen formulation, it produced a superb lather.

I’d not shaved for longer than usual so decided to use the Rex Envoy with a new Voskhod, and what with the protection of the soap, I had a brilliant shave. Hurrah!

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: A&E The Undersea
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None needed
Bowl: Face lather
Great news that you like it. This is the only A&E soap that I own to date and I definitely want to address that. The Kaizen base is outstanding.

Tabac Tuesday

4RrG9Pl.png

RazoRock Hawk V3 / Schick Proline
Reknotted vintage Peerless 24mm Synthetic
Tabac Tallow Formula Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom