SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Tuesday 14th June
Pal Deluxe Injectomatic - Personna Stainless Coated #4 - Vitos Red Super - Cien Aqua - Aloe Vera Gel
VTIV9qd.jpg

Tuesday:
I hadn't seen any of the soap snaps on here, so yet another snap!

FI issue Tech (40th anniversary of the end of the Falklands war today - formal surrender), still with the NOS Gillette Super Silver blade from the 80s. Fourth outing, still giving a BBS finish.

Britannia, as chosen be Excel - like I said, not 100% sure on the random number generator in there, as I've now had Britannia (and Latigo) 3 times in the last 2 weeks, which doesn't seem that random when choosing from 32 different soaps.

Once again super performance and great scent. Good start to the day, now I'm stuck in online meetings for a few hours!

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_095441__01.jpg
    IMG_20220614_095441__01.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5
Barts pre tester, hot towel.
Gillette Slim on #5 with SuperMax Diamond Edge (1)
Semogue 820 boar with Razorock Caribbean Holiday soap
Bio oil and Álvarez Gómez EdC concentrada

Nice close result. No cuts as such but a couple of tiny red spots under my chin. The brush is gradually breaking in nicely.

Attachments

• 16551983769291514959061304928712.jpg
    16551983769291514959061304928712.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 7
7566FF17-6EEA-42D0-999D-58971CA73F25.jpegSOTD: 14/06/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Willy’s Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Rocks
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So after resigning myself to give up the Twig I thought I’d have one last shave with it… and change my mind completely as I still can’t give it up! As per usual and effortless shave and this has to be my favourite Proraso along with the green, (if only the green had a stronger aftershave).
Enjoy your day guys.

Sotd-14-06-22.png
Just say no.......

Slim Aristocrat (3)
Treet Trig (2)
Simpson P8 Phyl best
Signature Londinium
Brut a/s
Brut lotion.

The scene - a dismal community centre on the southside of Glasgow. A rough circle of chairs which screech on the hard flooring as they are shuffled to allow space for the newcomer. Nervous coughs. The wringing of sweaty hands.

'Welcome to the group. Would you like to introduce yourself?'

Nervously, hesitantly - 'Hello everyone...... my name's Digi and I have a Brut problem.' - relief, the first step.

Affirmative noises, a ripple of applause, murmurs of 'I hear you brother.'

'At first it was just a laugh, me and my shaving mates egging each other on. Just the green stuff, nothing serious - recreational like. I thought I could handle it. Before I knew it, it wasn't enough - someone introduced me to body lotion. It was fine for a while but soon though it was green, musk, aquafresh and Attraction Totale. You name it, I used it. I began mixing them to chase the high. I started visiting multiple Savers to get more gear without attracting the suspicion of the staff. I thought I was covering it well, despite the fact you could smell me half a mile away downwind. I wasn't fooling anyone. The final straw? I started to call my wife 'Enry. I needed help.......'

Brut Anonymous - don't suffer in silence and alone. No matter how good you think you smell. There's a meeting near you.

;) - I.

Sotd 11/06
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA Droid black
Splash: PAA Droid black
Balm: Droid black star jelly
Alum bloc
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: permasharp 2nd use
Bowl: wet the face

Had a great shave this morning 6 days growth and went with Droid black really nice scent on this one and as expected the soap performed great Razor wise I went with the Rex usually I find this razor aggressive but I had a brilliant shave with it paired with the permasharp worked great have a great weekend folks

1st pass setting 4
2nd pass setting 3
3d pass setting 2
View attachment 89175View attachment 89174View attachment 89173
I concur…Permasharp, a good match for the Rex.

Tue 14th June

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Arko stick -grated
Hawk V3-A plate
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
Tuff Red A/S lotion

A good Shave needed as going into Town to get Laptop etc sorted. Today thought the Hawk a bit more agessive than the Evo , but the shave was good.After a few hours all devices in sync, and info downloaded to new laptop - it was 12 years old .

IMG_0355.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom