SOTD Saturday 12th March to Friday 18th March 2016

SOTD 17/3/16

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit, Body Shop Synthetic, Merkur 39C, Astra SS (4), Cold Towel, Old Spice

Today was a GREAT shave. It's Oatcake Thursday which always puts me in a good mood, and a sublime shave sets you up perfectly for the day. Yesterday's lack of cushion from T&H no10 was rectified by the hugely protective and slick Sanskrit lather. I could feel the blade enough to know it is there, so as not to go too far with it. The post shave feel is simply sublime as always. I paired the fragrance of Old Spice to Sanskrit today as they compliment each other perfectly. BBS almost all over, I am one happy chap. Now to go and conquer the challenges of the day in style.

upload_2016-3-17_7-13-21.png

Thur 17th March
Kent Infinity silvertex
OSP Fougere - Sample
Schick J3 Golden 500
Schick S/S [ 3- chick]
Alum Rub/ Duru Lemon Splash
Lea Balm

A mystery package arrived yesterday - recovered from next door. Good it those blades from Japan I thought.

Wrong it was a load of things to try - from Arthur aka- "Electrif ". Going to keep me busy & may cost money- samples of OSP shaving soap that I have not tried. I do love the Bay Rum. New to me, some Duru splashes, Benjamins Bay Rum, & Alcolado Glacial - a bit wary of these.

Today I tried the OSP Fougere, very pleasant not too strong a scent . Then after the shave which was a good one, I did my usual Alum Rub followed by splash of the Lemon Duru, which tingles but quite pleasant. Acting on advice from Arthur used a balm, which I have not used for ages. Hoping there will be no skin reactions , but my skin feels taut and invigorated.

Last edited:
Stirling Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Seygus
Gillette Rubie [2]
Proraso Green AS
Boss Soul EDT
Wow, wow, wow! This stirling is fantastic stuff.... So so creamy, amazingly slippery and lots of cushion... This may have just jumped to the top of my soap list! Shame the scent was a little weak although it smelt pleasant enough.. I'll next try it with a more aggressive razor....
Thanks @DamianJ for the "enablement"!
I didn't try that sample because of the menthol, but thought the same for the other Stirling. Shame they have to come from the US rather than a UK supplier.

Thursday

Noxzema
Gem Clog Pruf
Gem blade
Alum
Pinaud Clubman AS

Short of time this morning so two quick passes with Noxzema and got a perfectly acceptable result.

Eufros Premium GEA
Oneblade
Morris and Forndran L7
SMN Emulsione Analcolica
Extro Colonia Italiana AS

813f4553f9f6b0e79599dac2c8be6098.jpg

Regards

Back
Top Bottom