SOTD Saturday 12th March to Friday 18th March 2016

Really smooth and close shave with the BBS-1 on a UFO handle loaded with a Voskhod blade. The Varlet Orion made a nice creamy lather with the I Coloniali soap. Three easy passes for true BBS no irritation shave. Then a quick splash of Speick for a velvety finish. SOTD Mar 15 2016.jpg

Wednesday

20160316_070609_zpss2afj6mq.jpg

Proraso
Semoghe 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Alum
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
Nivea Creme

Very nice indeed!

SOTD 16/3/16

Hot Towel, Truefitt & Hill no10, Body Shop Synthetic, Merkur 39C, Astra SS (3), Cold Towel

Today was another yardstick shave, showing that my faith in the qualities of Phoenix and Beau soaps isn't unfounded. Whilst no10 smells good and is slick, it lacks the protective cushion and invigorating scents that I love from P&B. I could feel the blade very much so today, despite having a rich lather. Whilst we're talking lather, no10 is a strange lather. It never fills out so to speak, more like heavy yoghurt from the outset, and doesn't really 'expand' at all, regardless of how much you load the brush and how much water you add.

upload_2016-3-16_7-44-53.png

32GWiuP.jpg

Pre shave Proraso White
Proraso Red
Stirling Kong
Fatip Grande
Gillette - Wilkinson sword (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Arko Power Gold AS
Proraso White ASB

First time with the Fatip Grande and i love it already. No nicks , no cuts, very smooth shave and BBS.

Wed 16th March

Omega 11126 Boar- but good
Tabac Stick
Schick Adjustable
Schick Single S/S [ 5 - Japan ]
Alum Rub / Tabac A/S lotion

Not my favourite Razor to hold ,but with this modern blade delivers the most smooth and very close shave.
Am wondering what the equivalent Twin Blade will perform like ,reckon this one has some more miles.

I found the Omega brush [one of my favourites ] to be very good at face lathering with the Tabac Stick.

IMG_0387.jpg

zaUlTdWh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dirty Cupcake
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Post #1: Saponificio Varesino Aromatic Fern After Shave Balm
Post #2: Origins Multi-benefit Moisturizer
Scent: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Excellent smooth, close shave & finished off with a little Sartorial!

Back
Top Bottom