SOTD Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2016

The shave doctor pre shave
Gillette HD 55 Rocket
Feather Hi-Stainless (4)
Scuttle
Crabtree & Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh soap
WD 24 mm
CHH Tobacco AS

Never again i will buy the Crabtree & Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh soap. Very bad leather. The creams are good tho.

Jus seen this, I would love to hear your impression about western iwasaki.

It is what it is the pinnicle of Japanese craftsmanship and quality a wonderful shaver with history and quality unsurpassed, what's so beautiful about the razor is the lack of ornate decor etching goldwash all the skill expertise refinement and knowledge as gone into the creation of the steel and making of the blade the razors were made in very small batches every single razor was rockwell tested this ones RC 64 this one came to me as a NOS razor extremely rare.

The legendary blacksmith Mr. Shigeyoshi Iwasaki was born in 1933 and was trained by among others his father Dr. Iwasaki Kousuke that designed Iwasaki Kamisori also a metallurgist famous for classifying Japanese steels i.e. "yellow paper", "white paper", "blue paper" etc.
He also took part in an investigation of ancient swords and knives kept at Syousou-In, a treasure house built in the 8th century.
When he was not in his forge, he teached technical skills and metallurgy theory to young blacksmiths from Sanjo as Shigefusa and Yoshikane

This one is Old and made By Iwasaki him self ! Western Iwasaki razors is Super Rare and very hard to find.

Many Japanese collectors is also on search for them so for us outside Japan it is even harder to get !

Collector Item

Last edited:
Thur 18th Feb
Omega 10037
Lea Classic Soap
PAL Injecto-matic- offset head
Schick S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Floid Vigoroso A/S

The head on this PAL makes finding the shaving angle so easy , also seems to assist its agility when moving around the face. The shave was smooth and close.
IMG_0335.jpg

Thursday

Xpec
Frank Shaving Pur Tech synthetic
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Nivea Creme

A little bit rough this morning, I think that's the last I'll get out of this blade. On to something new tomorrow.

Day off today so planned extra time to dial in the vintage Cussons Chubby - didn't need it, lovely lather from rubbing damp soap on my face.
d04d870320aa5c7bb5f0efe3449a2447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom