Soap: J.Peterman 1903
Brush: Certifyd #4 with 24mm silvertip
Razor 1: ERN 1934
Razor 2: Ikon ShaveCraft 102 slant w/ SE handle
Blade: NOS UK Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by J.Peterman 1903 balm
IMG_20141115_133836.jpg

pjgh said:
Gillette 1904 patent anniversary shave ...

IMG_7124.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash/Scrub
Erasmic Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Gillette Brownie (1920s)
Personna Platinum Chrome [1]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Original Aftershave*

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

*Custom Blend: Two parts Brut Original Splash On Lotion, 1 part Brut Original Aftershave & 1 part Alcolado Glacial

That Brownie is looking good Paul :) How's it shaving?

Merkur Progress on 3, 1.5
Permasharp Maroon and Gold (2) / Gillette 365
Edwin Jagger boar
Stirling Glastonbury
L'oreal Hydra Energetic aftershave lotion

Despite the lotion having no alcohol it did still a little when splashed on, but died down more quickly.
I do have a few weepers. Must keep the Progress below 3 when using a blade for the second time.

Wickham club cola
Omega 49
DE89 + 7 o clock yellow
Myrsol f/extra
Nivea Coolkick ASB

Went for the 7 o clock tonight just to mix things up a bit. I'll be going back to the Polsilvers next time, nothing beats them for smoothness.

mpf9ret said:
Wazzer3 said:
Prep- Hot towel
Soap- Stirling Rose
Brush- Muhle
Razor- Valet VC2
Blade- Feather [2]
Post- Trumpers Coral Skinfood

Rosy start for the weekend :icon_razz: four day beard swept away.
[/quote
What is VC2 like compared to a 1924/1912

I have not used a 1912/1924 model, the VC2 is a open comb model and very efficient. I have a Ever Ready Jewel which is a milder razor in comparison.

16 November Shave

15776963236_61f2173b08_c.jpg

Given this has been a No Change November in terms of products for me, I decided to use the Slim that I used in the DE Blade Challenge some time ago as shown below:

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=13224

This Slim has always been slightly more aggressive than my other Slims so a 5 setting on it is equal to about a 6 or 7 on the others.

This Personna 74* blade will have gone through sixteen 2 pass face shaves and 2 pass head shaves and is needing to be retired. Another blade is at the ready to complete the remainder of the month of November.

I wish the Personna made these blades again not only because they last so long but are so well behaved in doing so. Well the P74s, and this Slim that has come out of long term storage for this month only, are truly treats indeed.

Edit: I received a surprise today. When I set the SLIM up to #6 setting the blade delivered a good solid 2 pass DFS almost BBS shave. When I started on 1 November it was set on #1 setting and I so I will increase it to #7 tomorrow and see how it goes on the last expected day on this blade.

Prep: Sauna
Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: C V Heljestrand 9½ + GEM for the head
Soaps: Dr Harris Almond + Proraso cream
AS: Mennen SB
Result: Uberclean :D

Good morning all.

Cold water splash
Valobra Stick (grated)
TGN 24mm Finest in Commodore X3 handle
ATT M2 Kronos
Personna Lab Blue (3)
Clinique Post-Shave Soother
Lalique Hommage à l'Homme EDT

Close and comfortable morning shave. Valobra Stick produces a thick, slick and protective lather with a mild, soapy scent. One of the best in my book.

GFT limes skin food.
GFT limes cream
NF tubby 2
Steve Woodhead scuttle
ATT kronos R1
Vintage English Personna.

img20141116_130041.jpg

Wow. That blade is seriously sharp, makes a feather feel blunt. I didn't treat it with the respect it needs! (Thought it would be like a lab blue...)

BBS after 2 passes, burn and weepers on neck though. User error. The limes cream was lovely though, slick and moisturising.

Back
Top Bottom