SOTD : Saturday 16 July - Friday 22 July 2022.

SEaBM3b.png

Friday 07.22.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Stirling Stainless DE Razor ST
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Jayaruh #408 Maggard Two-Band Badger
Soap: ‌Taylor‌ ‌of‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Bond‌ ‌Street‌ ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Cream‌

Fri 22 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Shick Super Stainless 11th Use
Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
Just excellent the lather from this soap with a nice scent and cooling sensation.
My 1st DE razor paired with this awesome blade translates to an enjoyable shave. Super smooth and easy in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The matching aftershave is just fantastic too...
20220722_125600.jpg

22/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 29 (7).JPG
Another week down using the Proraso Green soap, i am starting to get a bit bored with it now, although i will persevere to run it out.
Everything else including the Balm and splash worked a treat.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

D8299C4F-4F79-4933-9B76-A0E6EC03F08C.jpeg
SOTD: 22/07/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Final Cut arrived yesterday and one shave in and I can tell it’s a keeper, £20 for an adjustable razor, that despite quite a bit of blade exposure is surprisingly smooth and mild on setting’s 2+3. The head is small enough to get under my nose easily, it feels well made, what’s not to like! Now if they’d just drop the brass version £20-30 it would have been a no brainer or do a matte version I’d be even happier! I had minimal growth today so opted for setting 3 on the first pass, dropped to 2 and back up to 3 on the final. It was near glass smooth on my first use. Level 4 tomorrow but it was a great first try! Grab one if you can we’ll worth a try, if I was to be critical I don’t like chrome finishing in general and the handle though excellently grippy doesn’t look as good as it feels if that makes any sense. It’s a minor gripe really that and paint the numbers which I may attempt in the next few days.

20220722_085335.jpg
Friday (face) feeling.
I used this setup yesterday but in the rush made a hash of it, so same setup today.
Wash with la Toja Magno and hot cloth, Extro Arancia Italiana with my Semogue 820 boar, ball end Tech and SuperMax Diamond Edge. (2).
Finished with bio oil and Álvarez Gómez AdC concentrada to complete the citrus attack. Took my time and got a really nice result today, yesterday my technique was off but a bit of concentration and less haste made an immense difference.

22 July

Stirling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Stirling Campania balm

905782A4-444A-4AB5-B99D-19E3D48C108E.jpeg
I felt the irresistible urge to pair the Stirling soap with the Yaqi brush, and they produced an excellent lather with cold water, this morning. The Karve on it’s usual E plate did a superb job with the GSB giving a close and very comfortable shave. I was impressed.

SOTD 22-July
20220721_190925.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: GSB (3)

Good shave this morning, decided to go for another fine set but something a tad more appropriate. Much better for this warm and slightly muggy weather. Nice and refreshing.

Right, just need to get through today then the fun weekend can begin...well alright its cleaning the house for the mother in laws visit, on the plus side she is fun and she's bringing me a few MSC sets from SA so can't grumble!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

IMG_1511.jpg

“Treat Friday” shave, so out come some of my favourites. The Martin de Candre Agrumes soap and the Gillette Fatboy. It was so nice to use them and as usual, I had a great BBS shave.

I did find that the blade was not effective at my usual setting of 5, so I bumped the Fatboy up to 6 for XTG and had to go to 8 for ATG on my neck.

All done without a nick, a scratch or any irritation.

Happy Friday everyone!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 - E2
Blade: Israeli Crystal (2)
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm & Trumper’s WI Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

So, not posted all week.
Last Saturday my daughter did me a 'shave experience', full on barber treatment which was great. Still strange for someone else to shave me, I've only ever had a couple of these in my years of shaving. I'll probably let her do it again!

Sunday, I travelled to Italy for work and have been using my Tech (Falklands war one reconditioned) all week with a Nacet blade. Tried a few sample pots.

I haven't managed to get out and see what shave gear I could buy. Now I probably won't as I tested positive for COVID this morning and following local rules have to self isolate in my hotel room for 7 days and then need to test negative. This leaves me just enough time to then go and get my flight home! Have to see if any of the others I've been working with now test +ve and we have to postpone our testing!

I hate being stuck indoors I don't think I'm allowed to go on the balcony!

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_075417__01.jpg
    IMG_20220722_075417__01.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 8
So, not posted all week.
Last Saturday my daughter did me a 'shave experience', full on barber treatment which was great. Still strange for someone else to shave me, I've only ever had a couple of these in my years of shaving. I'll probably let her do it again!

Sunday, I travelled to Italy for work and have been using my Tech (Falklands war one reconditioned) all week with a Nacet blade. Tried a few sample pots.

I haven't managed to get out and see what shave gear I could buy. Now I probably won't as I tested positive for COVID this morning and following local rules have to self isolate in my hotel room for 7 days and then need to test negative. This leaves me just enough time to then go and get my flight home! Have to see if any of the others I've been working with now test +ve and we have to postpone our testing!

I hate being stuck indoors I don't think I'm allowed to go on the balcony!
I hope you test negative in 7 days and are able to get home!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom