SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

E297D5B2-B387-48B0-851C-92A6E6C5C637.jpeg
SOTD: 19/04/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

As luck would have it my new Hone 15s arrived, (I went and collected from the depot after chasing it down!) so todays shave will provide me with a fresh view of the original to compare it too. I love this razor and brush combination and they didn’t disappoint, the soap is fantastic and works well with the Tabac. It’s going to be a high bar for the Hone 15s tomorrow. I’m hopeful but then I’m a fanboy too so it’ll need to either be the bluntest or bloodiest shave I’ve ever had for it to disappoint me!
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

SOTD 20220419
Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Wald J3 Stratos Gengar
Soap: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Paradigm SE
Blade: Feather Pro Super
AS: Myrsol blue

SOTD_20220419.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tuesday 19th April
Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #1 - Cadman Custom - OSP Spice Road Prototype - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
oWMEUIJ.jpg

Today is a special birthday, so alongside my new Claymore Evo, I decided to use my beloved brush and my all time favourite OSP soap. Such a shame the original Spice Road formula did not make it commercially viable, as this prototype is a close match to the original Shulton Old Spice. The other shame is that the small amount I have left is gradually diminishing.

And a most happy of birthdays to you Arthur.

Tuesday 19th April

Cream • Nivea Men Sensitive Pro
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Schick Proline P (3)
Post • Aloe Vera Gel

I picked up this Nivea shave cream today, having read Barry's @Palmolive fox SOTD over the weekend. (There goes my no shaving relates purchases for 2022 !!)

Barry was right, only a small amount is needed to make a bowl full of rich creamy lather.
Scent wise, it's pretty neutral and inoffensive.
Performance os good, maybe not the slickest but very adequate.
Post shave, my skin felt hydrated, and zero irritation.

Top tip . . .if you have a Boots card, it will only cost you £2.25 (half price) for a 200ml bottle.

From a couple of nights back my SOTD themed 'And once again, it is not my birthday today'

20220417_214925.jpg

Not today - Razorock Hawk V3
Afraid not - Schick Proline
May be another day - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Or so someone says - Alvarez Gomez

'Now fuck off '

Despite it being very fashionable at the moment I really must state that today is not my birthday. Just in case anyone takes a lucky pot shot that it is (or I mislead you to believe otherwise).

What it was though was a good day to have a super duper shave. Still holding on to the last remains of the WIGIG Alvarez.

May be not my day, but there is always some Japanese ladies to keep me happy....And a new one on me

And most wonderful birthdays to all you chaps who managed to be born during the Easter holidays.

Tuesday 19th April
Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #1 - Cadman Custom - OSP Spice Road Prototype - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
oWMEUIJ.jpg

Today is a special birthday, so alongside my new Claymore Evo, I decided to use my beloved brush and my all time favourite OSP soap. Such a shame the original Spice Road formula did not make it commercially viable, as this prototype is a close match to the original Shulton Old Spice. The other shame is that the small amount I have left is gradually diminishing.
Happy birthday, lad!

Back
Top Bottom