SOTD : Saturday 16th April - Friday 22nd April 2022.

20/04/2022

Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black (3)
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 3 Super
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver

20220420_074000.jpg

I've really enjoyed the shaves with the 87R. It's a great little razor for the money. I'll be giving the Aristocrat a run out next to do a comparison.

The CH3 is a recent addition that I picked up for a song on eBay. A cheap BIN price for a brush that has barely been used along with an eBay 10% off voucher made it a no brainer. One of those right place right time moments on eBay.

Wednesday 20th April

Yaqi Metal Timberwolf - Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream - Blackland Era OC L4/Treet New Steel - Gotas Frescas Hombre

My first use of the Nivea Liquid Cream with a great result.....but I wouldn't say all the planets were in alignment. I think the Kiss my Face cream may be easier to face lather. I had to apply more Nivea after the first pass to achieve an adequate lather for the remainder of the shave. I will use a bowl the next time and see how that fares.

Wednesday 20th April

Yaqi Metal Timberwolf - Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream - Blackland Era OC L4/Treet New Steel - Gotas Frescas Hombre

My first use of the Nivea Liquid Cream with a great result.....but I wouldn't say all the planets were in alignment. I think the Kiss my Face cream may be easier to face lather. I had to apply more Nivea after the first pass to achieve an adequate lather for the remainder of the shave. I will use a bowl the next time and see how that fares.
Bowl lathering is the way forward with the Nivea Men Liquid Shaving Cream for good results.

20/04/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Rex Ambassador #2.5 then #2
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk16  (5).JPG
I did enjoy that.
stay safe and enjoy your day all

Wed 20 SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
Another quick 5mins brushless shave with just 1 brief application of the soap followed by a face rub produces enough lather & slickness for 2passes at setting 9 & 7. Smoother & sharper with the new feather but in the hurry caused some micro weepers. Dfs/Ccs result and nice aftershaves...
20220420_151303.jpg

SOTD 20-Apr
20220420_085035.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: MSC Night On The Town
Razor: Gillette Old (Revamp & Replica Handle)
Blade: GSB (3)

Good shave this morning, two pass for a nice smooth finish. Better strength on with the Night On The Town but doesn't match the Black Tie for strength and longevity. Tried all the MSC's I had delivered and the Black Tie is definitely my favourite and would buy again. There's nothing wrong with the others but probably wouldn't buy again when they're finished.

Nice morning walk on Blouberg Beach with a quick stop for a bite to eat with the family.
20220418_125015.jpg

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday

A year ago, I started my DE journey with a purchase that included a Merkur 34C, a 19mm best badger brush, some sandalwood soap and balm and a selection of blades, including these Persona.

What was the main difference between that shave and this morning's?

The main difference is about 35 minutes! I have also changed what was a daily chore for much of the past 38 years into something that I enjoy, but I still wouldn't class it as a hobby!

Despite the purchase of another 28 different razors (DE, SE, shavette), 8 or 9 brushes, hundreds of blades and oodles of soaps and splashes - the 34C and the EJ brush, soap and balm is still a great place to start the day.

I could have saved a bloody fortune................ if I had only been able to resist!

Have a good day all
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220419_235333__01.jpg
    IMG_20220419_235333__01.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4
Wednesday Shave

qUZ2jcN.png

Karve CB Gladius OC “D” Plate / Personna Platinum
Spiffo "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap & Aftershave
BBS in two passes plus touchup. Walked with Rosie along the Charles River in Medfield, Mass.

lmp6ufI.png

20 April

La Toja stick
Simpson Duke 3 synthetic
Karve Christopher Bradley
Treet Platinum
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

68A12C5E-0E97-4873-8DC7-1444B18004D0.jpeg
Another good shave with a soap stick. The Simpson Duke is well suited to face lathering a soap stick and this stick is very good. The sixth shave with the Treet blade and the blade was starting to tug, time for a change.

Wednesday

A year ago, I started my DE journey with a purchase that included a Merkur 34C, a 19mm best badger brush, some sandalwood soap and balm and a selection of blades, including these Persona.

What was the main difference between that shave and this morning's?

The main difference is about 35 minutes! I have also changed what was a daily chore for much of the past 38 years into something that I enjoy, but I still wouldn't class it as a hobby!

Despite the purchase of another 28 different razors (DE, SE, shavette), 8 or 9 brushes, hundreds of blades and oodles of soaps and splashes - the 34C and the EJ brush, soap and balm is still a great place to start the day.

I could have saved a bloody fortune................ if I had only been able to resist!

Have a good day all
Gary
patrick stewart resistance is futile GIF

770E9F67-5A63-4B99-AE03-F77D28B83A10.jpeg
Simpsons Chubby No 2 in Best
B&M Baudelaire
ER 1924
Bond GEM (1)
Pinaud Clubman No Bumps Gel

Shave: first time using any GEM blade other than Personna coated. Unable to make a comparison until I switch back, and the 1924 is quite mild anyway, but four passes and not very much burn from the No Bumps Gel.

Back
Top Bottom