blade - mystery vintage (6)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - T&H No.10
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua de Limon
balm - BBA
Scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - superior.

A unique shave for me - in the respect of shaving three days in a row. I had determined to shave more often - the product mountain and all - this razor makes it easy. Do these vintage single edges ever die? Six uses and it's just getting to its sweet spot. Thanks to K. - @Boru62 - for using in his post today and reminding me about the TH No.10 cream. You don't get a much better bang for your buck than this stuff. Super slick. I noticed that in the current Creighton's sale - who make it for T&H - that this line does not appear anywhere. The scent is vaguely citrus - hence the Myrsol Limon and Sauvage as a compliment. A great shave. I could get used to shaving every day. So - smoother than a romp of otters - yes gentlemen, that, delightfully is the collective noun for multiple otters - that have been heavily greased before their attempt to set a new otter cross channel swimming record. Pretty smooth I think you will find - enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Oh - my Cobra Classic arrived back home today after being on loan to various people since September. It's in better condition than when I first posted it! I must do this more often with my razors. It seems that everybody enjoyed having a go with it. It is a rare bit of shaving history. If you used it then thank you for looking after it - another reminder of why this forum and its members are gentlemen.

Sotd - Saturday 16/12

Razor - Schick O Type clone
blade - mystery vintage (6)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - T&H No.10
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua de Limon
balm - BBA
Scent - Dior Eau Sauvage.

Result - superior.

A unique shave for me - in the respect of shaving three days in a row. I had determined to shave more often - the product mountain and all - this razor makes it easy. Do these vintage single edges ever die? Six uses and it's just getting to its sweet spot. Thanks to K. - @Boru62 - for using in his post today and reminding me about the TH No.10 cream. You don't get a much better bang for your buck than this stuff. Super slick. I noticed that in the current Creighton's sale - who make it for T&H - that this line does not appear anywhere. The scent is vaguely citrus - hence the Myrsol Limon and Sauvage as a compliment. A great shave. I could get used to shaving every day. So - smoother than a romp of otters - yes gentlemen, that, delightfully is the collective noun for multiple otters - that have been heavily greased before their attempt to set a new otter cross channel swimming record. Pretty smooth I think you will find - enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Oh - my Cobra Classic arrived back home today after being on loan to various people since September. It's in better condition than when I first posted it! I must do this more often with my razors. It seems that everybody enjoyed having a go with it. It is a rare bit of shaving history. If you used it then thank you for looking after it - another reminder of why this forum and its members are gentlemen.
Glad to be of service Iain :) No.10 is a lovely cream.
Thanks for the romp of otters, until then my faves were a crash of rhinos and a murder of crows.
Cheers,
K.

Saturday 16th December 2017
SOTD 16 DEC.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Adjustable No.7
Blade: Schick II Twin NOS Dutch (#8)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Soap: Art of Shaving unscented
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Chanel Egoiste Balm
EDT: Chanel Egoiste

It has been a while since I have used the Schick Adjustable and it does not fail to deliver a perfect shave with a twin blade loaded. I wonder how long this blade will last, 8 shaves in and it still works perfectly. The Chanel Egoiste is a great winter scent.

Date: 17 December 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 3x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Schöne Italian Open Comb
Blade: - Treet Platinum #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Glad I persevered with this scent[emoji4]
5ec8a72ecc89316a33c206df6c678ab1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DNA
Mike's vetiver soap, manchurian badger brush Druida, razor 8/8 A Castro, after shave Floid vigorous, Perry Ellis balm.
The dense foam generated quickly and well with softness by this good badger, allows the easy slip of this imposing razor that in two passes takes the hair of 4 days, good protection after shaving, which we seal with the application of the Floid perceiving that rich warmth which I appreciate a lot. Rating 5/5. Good evening friends.
ebd839ec38b3a92d709b75222de97f1c.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 17th December

Prep ~ Shower, donkey & Goat milk soap
Razor ~ Mulhe R41 (2013)
Blade ~ NOS Gillette Platinium, Swedish
Soap ~ OSP Roja Amber Oud ( Blademonkey edition)
Brush ~ Brad Sears ~ Gonzo Silvertip
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Roja Amber Oud perfume oil

A fragrant Sunday shave, close and comfortable.
The R41 & NOS Gillette working perfectly with this wonderful soap.
BBA PSB to finnish followed by a spray or two of the Roja Amber Oud, perfect, well shaven and smelling wonderful! :)

Have a nice day people's ..........:)

Last edited:
SOTD: 17th December 2017.
+2Sun(dec 17th).JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S 10065 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Erasmic Shaving Lather.

Blade: Personna Lab Blue.(2)

Razor: Lord L125 Head/Muhle R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut ~ Attraction Totale Aftershave.

Greetings,

A nice & easy 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

Ive experimented with making another frankenrazor from the Lord L125 head/Muhle R89 handle..the verdict?

A excellent non-aggressive combo, perfect match for a relaxing sunday shave...The R89 handle gave the frankenrazor a nice weight,making the shave very pleasurable.
Finishing the shave off in old school style with a very generous splash of Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S..

i've stated before if i had to pick only one A/S splash then this would be a very high contender...I love the stuff.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom